Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Boat Prices...almost fell over!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ruark View Post
    i always heard that the "two happiest days of a man's life" were (1) the day he bought a boat, and (2) the day he sold it. I always thought that was silly. I loved my boat, and knew i would never part with it.

A few years later, i sold it. Boy, was i glad to get rid of that thing.
    lol, this is me!!

Comment

People will keep buying and they will continue to go up. There are waiting lists with most boat makers in Texas right now. J-P put it best. Seeing my daughter catch her first trout this year on her first bay trip with me and her mom was worth it alone. At that point you aren't thinking about what cost what. That image of her next to that fish will be in my head until I'm gone!

Comment

They will continue to increase in price until the oil goes bust as it always does. Then all the fire sales will begin.

Comment

Ive been in the boat biz for 15+ years, the prices have really sky rocketed in the past 5-6 years. It all started back when the economy flipped. Lots of vendors / suppliers and builders shut down. Large groups like brunswick consolidated. Prices for supplies and building materials increased as so did the product. It got really slow for a while there. Payday sucked. The market is definitely turning around and with eagle ford in texas it has really made a big difference. Sales are good and retail sales are even better. I have to say them boys down south are making big bucks. I agree, the prices are outrageous, then you think about fuel for truck and boat, storage if you dont have the room and yearly maintenance. To have your own, you just cant beat it ...
          Last edited by expressfish; 07-30-2014, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
            These are actually a pretty good deal compared to other brands.
            There is a dealer in Jacksonville that quoted me $29k on the 21', motor and trailer.

http://www.carolinaskiff.com/sc-ss.html
            Not a bad deal but I just can't buy one with a Suzuki. I would perfer a 4 stroke Yamaha.

Comment

Mine was in the classifieds forever

Comment

Originally posted by STICKIT View Post
                They will continue to increase in price until the oil goes bust as it always does. Then all the fire sales will begin.
                ^ This

Comment

I'm hoping the new limits on trout will have an impact on the amount of people buying bay boats and the prices. It may not but it would be nice.

Comment

Been there done that! Winter is coming just wait a few more months and prices will decrease 25% or so. I like boats but I love slinging arrows.........sometimes you gotta pick your poison.

Comment

Im with you on this. I would love to trade up out of mine but its paid for so I will keep limping it along and take more trips with Brunner

Comment

These are actually a pretty good deal compared to other brands.
                        There is a dealer in Jacksonville that quoted me $29k on the 21', motor and trailer.

http://www.carolinaskiff.com/sc-ss.html
                        I have this boat. I have the 140hp Suzuki. It is awesome. We go out 2 of of every 3 weekend d's to fish, swim, tube and the look on my kids and friends face when they catch a fish is priceless.

Comment

I was pricing majek several months ago and a 18 RFL with a 115 is 31k out the door.

The cost of boatrights have really went up in the past 10 years. My dad has a 20ft boatright he bought in 2000 and that boat was 24k, today it is almost 40k.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                            I have this boat. I have the 140hp Suzuki. It is awesome. We go out 2 of of every 3 weekend d's to fish, swim, tube and the look on my kids and friends face when they catch a fish is priceless.
                            That is absolutely the best bang for the buck and the best seating arrangement I have seen. Now just to talk Momma into it

Comment

Yep I have a new boat payment well 3 years now, im ok with it..

Comment

That is absolutely the best bang for the buck and the best seating arrangement I have seen. Now just to talk Momma into it
                                Yes, I usually have 8 people in my boat and more than enough room when just running around and swimming in coves at the lake. Can't fish that many though. 4 full size adults can sit across the back on those fold up seats.

Comment

Working...
                                X