Magnus broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnus broadheads

Who shoots buzzcuts/ser razors over the smooth blades and why?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I use the Stingers on hogs cause they’re tough as hell. Only had to change the bleeder blades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've heard that the serrated blades penetrate better, which seems to defy physics...Just wondering some real world resting from the Green Screen.

Comment

I use buzzcut because I believe it does more internal damage, but I would assume the stingers have better penetration. I use both because I believe they are the best flying fixed broadheads

Comment

Non serrated is easier to resharpen. Thats about all Ive got on the subject

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
            I use buzzcut because I believe it does more internal damage, but I would assume the stingers have better penetration. I use both because I believe they are the best flying fixed broadheads
            That's where I'm hung up. I'm shooting a 435ish grain arrow about 260, so I need a good penetrating BH, but I'd be willing to bet those serrated edges cause more damage internally.

Comment

Can't help much, but just started bow hunting & the bow shop tech recommended & used the buzzcuts. I shot a spike with one & passed right through & deer went about 70 yrds or so. He was cut up good inside.

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                That's where I'm hung up. I'm shooting a 435ish grain arrow about 260, so I need a good penetrating BH, but I'd be willing to bet those serrated edges cause more damage internally.

from back when i was an leo and worked security in a hospital er i asked a surgeon why the didnt used serrated blades on scalpels,,

his answer made sense,, smooth cut edges are far, far easier to stitch up,
                not to mention getting an easier controlled cut
                and ragged edges caused the blood to clot faster since there was more surface area for air to contact
                and because they tore more than cut it required more force for the same cut depth,,,

i have not heard any complaints on the serrated edges but never found a need for one either,,, i am a smooth edge fan because they work and can be sharpened much easier

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                  I've heard that the serrated blades penetrate better, which seems to defy physics...Just wondering some real world resting from the Green Screen.

It does defy physics and is completely false

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

Both of my daughters have always used them because of great penetration with lower poundage. Both types work great! Good blood trail on every animal they have shot, and there have been a lot of them! I do like the regular ones better because of resharpening them. I send in the ones that get damaged and they send them new ones. Great broadhead great company.

Comment

Not me! Buff told me to shoot the 2 blade non serrated stingers! So that's what I got! I will say the penetration difference is nill when you shoot over their back with either one!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                          Not me! Buff told me to shoot the 2 blade non serrated stingers! So that's what I got! I will say the penetration difference is nill when you shoot over their back with either one!!!
                          I can attest to that

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                            I will say the penetration difference is nill when you shoot over their back with either one!!!
                            *giggle snort*

Comment

My wife, son and daughter all shoot 4 blade buzzcuts with low poundage setups. No particular reason why I chose those over straight edge but I swear they kill more stuff with them, even with shots that appear iffy at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X