No announcement yet.

Homemade apple pie shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have everything but the Everclear, will be getting that tomorrow.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Just made up a batch tonight

Comment

I'll try. Thanks

Comment

Drank a jar and a half last night. DAY-UMM

Comment

I never dreamed this thread would still be going almost 4 years after it was posted. I wish I knew how many batches I've made since posting it and have learned a few tricks and ideas from a lot of you too.

Comment

Made some super stout Peach Shine today. Dang good stuff!

I used 1000 ml of 190 proof Everclear in 128 oz liquid. Most recipes call for 750 ml.

Peach Rocket Fuel!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                  Made some super stout Peach Shine today. Dang good stuff!

I used 1000 ml of 190 proof Everclear in 128 oz liquid. Most recipes call for 750 ml.

Peach Rocket Fuel!!!

I've used the 1ltr before too, just a little more kick to it, lol. Please share how you made the peach, sounds like it'd be really good.

Comment

Homemade apple pie shine

Originally posted by firecapt186 View Post
                    I've used the 1ltr before too, just a little more kick to it, lol. Please share how you made the peach, sounds like it'd be really good.

On the peach shine I use 2 64 oz jugs of white grape peach juice. 6 cinnamon sticks. 1 cup white granulated sugar. 2 15 oz cans of sliced peaches in heavy syrup. Do not drain.

Mix all that in a big stock pot and bring to a boil.

Then cover and simmer for 30 minutes.

Take off heat and let come to room temp.

After its at room temp, I take out all the peaches and cinnamon sticks and then pour the mixture through cheese cloth into a pitcher.

Then add at least 750 ml of 190 proof Everclear. Mix that together and then pour into clean ball jars.

You can put a couple of the peach slices into each jar if you want, but they are pretty mushy after being in the pot. So buy an extra can of peaches or whole fruit peaches and slice...Store in a cool dark place for 3-6 weeks. The longer the better.

I used 1000 ml Everclear in this batch.

I tried a couple shots of this right after I mixed it up. The Everclear flavor was strooooong!!!!!!

After a few days, I can't taste the Everclear at all.

I throw rocks at the cinnamon apple pie shine now. Lol.

The peach slices in the jars kinda kick up the sweetness, so I say try some with and without slices. See how you like it.

Serve cold!!!!

Oh. And cheers!

Comment

Okay, I'm going to start a homemade batch tomorrow that should be ready in time for 'Nanza! Speaking of, have the dates been announced?

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                        On the peach shine I use 2 64 oz jugs of white grape peach juice. 6 cinnamon sticks. 1 cup white granulated sugar. 2 15 oz cans of sliced peaches in heavy syrup. Do not drain.

Mix all that in a big stock pot and bring to a boil.

Then cover and simmer for 30 minutes.

Take off heat and let come to room temp.

After its at room temp, I take out all the peaches and cinnamon sticks and then pour the mixture through cheese cloth into a pitcher.

Then add at least 750 ml of 190 proof Everclear. Mix that together and then pour into clean ball jars.

You can put a couple of the peach slices into each jar if you want, but they are pretty mushy after being in the pot. So buy an extra can of peaches or whole fruit peaches and slice...Store in a cool dark place for 3-6 weeks. The longer the better.

I used 1000 ml Everclear in this batch.

I tried a couple shots of this right after I mixed it up. The Everclear flavor was strooooong!!!!!!

After a few days, I can't taste the Everclear at all.

I throw rocks at the cinnamon apple pie shine now. Lol.

The peach slices in the jars kinda kick up the sweetness, so I say try some with and without slices. See how you like it.

Serve cold!!!!

Oh. And cheers!

Sounds awesome!!! Gonna give this a try this week. I'm getting married on the 16th and want a batch for the party.

Comment

Anyone try any new recipes this past year? I've been wanting adding vanilla to it. Anyone tried that yet?

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Making another big batch of peach shine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Doing peach and apple this year. This has been a holiday staple every year since I found it on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X