Texas Bowyers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Bowyers??

looking for a new bow, but I would prefer to go with a Texas Bowyer.
    I am aware of Palmer, Lee, and Sarrels. Are there any others that I should know about??

suggestions for out of state bowyers are appreciated, also. But, I am definitely leaning towards a local texas bow.

thanks..

Roland Jenkins, Ron Foley, Dryad, Dry Creek bows, Roy Hall, just to name a few!

Bisch

Comment

what is your favorite hunting rig, Bisch???

Comment

Bisch has given a great list. Depends on what type of bow you are looking for. I am VERY happy with the one piece recurve I have from Roland. He also makes some beautiful and good shooting takedowns.
        Definitely not a local, but still a small time custom Bowyer. Very affordable and nice bow.
        Omega Longbows. I have yet to hear of anyone who is not pleased with Kegan's work.

Comment

Bob Lee missed the list.

I missed it, lol

Comment

From my recent experience of looking for a first custom/new bow... it is going to be somewhat challenging to find that perfect bow your first go round.

Going in, I had my mind set on a long bow. For no other reason than I knew they were lighter, less noisy, and the idea just seemed to suit me. I hadn't even shot one. In fact, I had only pulled back a samick sage recurve because I didn't want to try a bow and then feel like my sage was not as good as some other bow.

When the time came, and thanks to the graciousness of several TBHers who let me shoot their bow (and even brought some to a shoot for me to try out), I got to "speed date" a lot of bows. Each bow was different and there were things I liked and things I didn't like. But I knew each archer shot them well, so I confirmed for myself really quick that it was indeed a personal thing. I bet I could have adapted to most of those bows over time.

Then it happened. I picked up Chunky's Blackwidow PCH one evening. Unlike the other bows I had tried, I just couldn't put that one down. When everybody went inside to eat, I kept shooting that bow. It just felt right.

So my advice is to try and speed date with some bows if you can. If not, realize that you might go through a few bows before deciding which one is just right for you. Then again, you could get lucky and that first one fits perfectly, or you adapt to it without issues.

Comment

My dry creek has never let me down.
              It's 60" 53#@28" and dead in the hand

Comment

Love my Custom Bob Lee.

Comment

Sent u a message
                  Last edited by BowBuddy; 04-05-2016, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy View Post
                    Sarrells Archery
                    I sent u a message

Comment

Originally posted by bmc09 View Post
                      what is your favorite hunting rig, Bisch???
                      Almost everyone knows that my favorite is the Sarrels Blueridge takedown longbow.

What somebody else thinks is the best has no real bearing on what you will think is the best. The only way for you to find out what you like the best is to get out there and try a bunch of different bows. All the bows mentioned above are good quality bows. How it feels in YOUR hands is what should make the difference for you!

Good luck,

Bisch

Comment

Absolutely. This thread is strictly to give me some bread crumbs to start my search.

Comment

Great Plains: http://www.greatplainsbow.com/

Owned one and loved it.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Sarrels bows, but if you want to go a different route, I think you should look into Roy Hall at Navajo Bows.

Comment

Originally posted by strigif0rm3s View Post
                              Great Plains: http://www.greatplainsbow.com/

Owned one and loved it.

I had a gorgeous Great Plains longbow with Elk Antler Nocks. I regret selling it.

Comment

Working...
                              X