Extending the season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extending the season.

Does anyone think TPWD will ever make the general whitetail season the same as the MLD season lengthwise?

I wish

Comment

I doubt it as I believe that is the biggest incentive to get people involved. Hell I wish they would just extend everyone's season to match South Texas's 2 week longer season.

Comment

Hope not. Hard enough getting deer to a good old age.

Comment

I'm for it. More money. Would help the deer herd as well.

Comment

I hope not.

Comment

I would be for making all seasons the same length.

Comment

If anything, make East Texas counties rifle season shorter.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                  If anything, make East Texas counties rifle season shorter.
                  you watch your mouth, that's blasphemous!!

I'd be ok with a shorter rifle season if the time knocked off was added to bow season.

Comment

TP&W in recent years has used "would it expand hunter participation and would it adversely impact the resource" as its two litmus tests with regard to expanding season or limits. That being said, it is the landowners who tend to oppose increasing the season length, as seasonal leaseholders have to be off the property at the end of the season. There is no biological basis for the S. Texas season to be two weeks longer, that is a political concession. My guess is that they like it like it is, because it incentivises the MLD programs.

Comment

Rumor I have been hearing coming from guys involved with some biologists with the state is that next season will be from October to February. And that it will all be general season. No archery, muzzleloader, youth, anything. Just a straight season from start to finish. Supposed to start this year. Will see how true it all is come August I guess. I know I am not the only one hearing it. I am pretty sure it has been discussed a few times here on the board already. But I haven't been checking in here as much as I once did.

Comment

I don't know if I'd be for this or against it but I do know I'll believe it when I see it

Originally posted by Nailhead View Post
                        Rumor I have been hearing coming from guys involved with some biologists with the state is that next season will be from October to February. And that it will all be general season. No archery, muzzleloader, youth, anything. Just a straight season from start to finish. Supposed to start this year. Will see how true it all is come August I guess. I know I am not the only one hearing it. I am pretty sure it has been discussed a few times here on the board already. But I haven't been checking in here as much as I once did.

Comment

I hope not. I'm the only one who bow hunts on my lease. It gives me a jump on these other guys when it comes to getting the big boys! Haha

Comment

I doubt they will do this. But you never know.

Comment

Is the archery or muzzleloader season ultimately necessary? I mean from a herd health standpoint. I can see having a weekend or even a week set aside for youth to encourage youth involvement, but I don't see any other special season as ultimately necessary.

Comment

Working...
                              X