What's a good tri-pod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's a good tri-pod?

Jus wanted to see what kind of tri-pods y'all use when your out shooting, my budget is probly in $300 range, but if y'all have any good suggestions an what brands I'd appreciate it!

I have a $30 tripod that works fine. I can't image what a $300 one could do that this one can't.

Comment

What kind is yours?

Comment

And I didn't mean to put a 3 there lol I meant to put $200 lol

Comment

It doesn't have a brand name that i have seen. It is a cheap telescopic one I bought at Walmart. I will probably upgrade soon because it is flimsy but serves its purpose. I would like one with elevation adjustments.

Comment

After playing with and disliking a great many tripods, I finally saved my money and bought a Woodsey Too Quad Pod. Yeah... it's $300, but worth every dime.

I can set it up in no time at all - without tools! Last two years, I drug parts into the woods and took what seemed like forever to set it up. Not this year. I had this one up in no time at all.

Very well built too.

All the best,
            Glenn

Comment

manfrotto

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                I have a $30 tripod that works fine. I can't image what a $300 one could do that this one can't.
                Where can you buy a $30 tripod hunting blind at?

Comment

This is a photography forum so I assumed he was talking about a tripod for cameras! Is he not?

Comment

There are sturdy tripods.
                    There are lightweight tripods.
                    There are inexpensive tripods.

You can have any two choices, but not all three.

I have a Slik Pro 780 DX. It's sturdy and pretty heavy. Not one to pack around all day. I think I paid a little over $200 for it.

I have a Manfrotto monopod that is sturdy and lightweight, but really pricey. I use it a LOT!
                    Last edited by scotty; 12-31-2011, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Manfrotto......

If you are talking DSLR camera; you would be better off saving up a little extra money and buying an IS lens, and say goodbye to having to lug around a tripod.....forever....

Comment

I use a carbon fiber Manfrotto monopod and a regular Manfrotto tripod. Think I paid $150 for the mono and $200 for the tripod. I like the tripod as it's legs will go almost flat to the ground for real low angle stuff.

Dave

Comment

Which model of tripod is your manfrotto? And also does anyone know if the Induro Brand of Tripods are good? My biggest thing is I don't wanna have any creep with a heavy lens or anything like that and I don't really care about the weight, I jus want that sucker to be sturdy lol an I don't know whether or not to get a tri pod with a ball head on it or not. Anyways thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                            This is a photography forum so I assumed he was talking about a tripod for cameras! Is he not?
                            Ha! My mistake! Sorry! I saw the post on the main page and clicked on it without looking at the forum section.

Please disregard my original post.

All the best,
                            Glenn

Comment

My tripod is the Manfrotto 190XDB. I shoot a Nikon D80 with battery grip and a 200-500mm lens and she is rock solid.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X