Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what you been using? I am curious to try corn

Comment

Stale sticky marshmallows in one trap at each feeder, with a drop of banana flavoring on it. Wife gave me the marshmallows to put in the trash and I thought "Self, maybe the 'coons deserve these." The stickiness makes it hard for them to fish out the bait without pulling on the trigger. Other trap at each feeder has banana flavored moon pie, again with a drop of banana flavor on it. Can't seem to see any difference between catch rate with the two baits.

Tomorrow gonna move two traps to the 3rd stand although that feeder hasn't been throwing corn for 3 weeks, still worth a try. Gonna put my live traps out in the vicinity too as there are a couple of feral cats roaming the area--coming from the county dump site across the fence.

Comment

Decided to just pull the traps as 3 of 4 were bloody and needed a good bath. Will head back to the east stand area Monday and put a couple at that feeder plus set a mixed line of Duke's and Conibears in the creek nearby.

Report to follow--

Comment

Put corn in mine and no luck. My catch rate been down as seems they have wised up.

Ants are slowly starting at some sets

Comment

Just back from setting 4 Duke's and 4 Conibear 220s--report tomorrow-

Comment

Dry hole last night--I'll leave the traps out another night or two and then pull them all. When coons show up back on camera at the feeders, I'll re-set at those feeders.

Comment

0 for 8 again last night so I pulled the traps.

Comment

Working...
                X