Computer Tech Guys - Help with Homemade Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer Tech Guys - Help with Homemade Project

This is pretty simple I just am not sure what I exactly need to make this work. I have a cell phone vibrator (D) that I need to vibrate when ever Mystery Object (A) vibrates. What is the technical names of object A and B that I need to make this work? Thanks very much in advance!
    Attached Files

Pretty sure you could do that with a rasberry pi for b

Comment

Another one that you may have never heard on TBH- a vibrator?
      Last edited by Razorback01; 07-17-2018, 05:20 PM. Reason: added a smile

Comment

You can use a piezo buzzer as a vibration sensor. Attach that to the analog pin on an arduino micro.

Comment

What is going to trigger A? Is it from the B also or another source? If from B I would use an Arduino micro. I think I have a few here.

Comment

If you are using a 12v “vibrator”, there is a 12v motion sensing flood light that could be used for this. You can set the vibrate time, sensitivity and all that.

But not sure on exactly what you are going for yet.

J

Comment

I need to be able to tap(A) that will be 30' distance of (D) ....and have (D) vibrate in in real time. All this housed in a .5" diameter tubing.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                What is going to trigger A? Is it from the B also or another source? If from B I would use an Arduino micro. I think I have a few here.
                A manual tap.

Comment

Last bump for the mid-day techies.

Comment

Sorry I forgot about this post (lots of health issues right now). By "manual tap", do you mean a push button switch? I don't know that lingo. It sounds like you want to push a button and have it vibrate on the other end, is that even close?

Comment

Sorry I forgot about this post (lots of health issues right now). By "manual tap", do you mean a push button switch? I don't know that lingo. It sounds like you want to push a button and have it vibrate on the other end, is that even close?
                      Manual tap...as opposed to an automatic tap. lol Does that help explain what he is building?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        Manual tap...as opposed to an automatic tap. lol Does that help explain what he is building?
                        I can be pretty dense sometimes , I am on lots of meds in my defense. I tend to always over think things.
                        Last edited by stickbowcoop; 07-18-2018, 10:59 AM.

Comment

i tried to look up what you might use for this ..but couldnt get past trying to figure out what the hell you'd use it for....and I'll admit..some of it was pretty hilarious and/or sick...

Comment

Sorry for the confusion....I want to tap (A) with my finger and have it vibrate in real time at (D) as to simulate the taps.

Looks like this is going to be more tricky than I thought. I was hoping someone would have chimed in an said "oh you just need a common VXR Vibration Sensor Chip doohokey." O-well I like a challenge

Comment

so.. a momentary push button switch as A ...wont work... and why do you need a chip? just put a leg of A's power on the momentary push button switch in line between the battery and the motor.... ?
                              push button - completes circuit - sends juice to motor... motor oscillates...l
                              lift finger off button...circuit broken...no more joice...motor stops oscillating.

Comment

Working...
                              X