Deer Processing Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Processing Information

Since we are coming upon that great time of year I thought it might be wise to start a thread with info regarding deer processing. It should include location, general pricing if possible, how fast they get your deer/hog ready, that kind of thing. Because this can be very useful information I wonder if it could be made into a sticky. If there is a processor to be wary of, post that information up as well. I realize that we may have differing opinions on some businesses so we're just gonna have to take all of this with a grain of salt.

For the past 10 years or so I've used Whaley's Processing on the south side of Hamilton on Highway 281. He is good, you get your deer back and the prices generally run about $90+ depending on your order. His sausage is very good also. Because I also hunt in Hunt County I'm looking for a good reasonable processor around Rockwall or Terrell or Forney.

Let's hear your recommendations.

If you're in Hunt County, Po Boys in Merritt is good. Used to be about $70 (more depending on what you order), done within a week. There is also a new(er) place at 66 and 549 in Rockwall that I've heard is ok. Not sure on the prices, haven't used them. Stay away from Gormans in Terrell. Horrible.

Comment

I do my own all for around $20.00

Comment

If you're anywhere near Bellville (coming down 290 from Austin to Houston, or down I-10 from San Antonio to Houston) do yourself a favor and take a 40 minute detour to Bellville Meat Market. Excellent service, excellent quality, and you get your deer, not someone else's good thing for me, I live 10 minutes away

Depending on how many folks bring in game, it could take 2 weeks. But most of the time, I have mine back in a week. I can't remember off hand what the pricing is, I don't pay much attention because it's that good.
        Last edited by TxDispatcher; 09-21-2015, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Some of you do your own....we get it. No need to comment if you can't offer up useful information. Some of the rest of us do not have the luxury of doing it ourselves for whatever reason. Maybe someone can start a thread on DIY processing. That would be good also.

Comment

Hunter's Choice in Sanger has treated me well the 2 years I've used it. I'll see if I can find a form that listed the prices

Comment

I do my own but will bring an axis doe to Granzin's in New Braunfels for the buck sticks. They are so dang good

Comment

Originally posted by Jayt22 View Post
                I do my own all for around $20.00
                Can you do all of mine for $40?

I process most if it myself (debone, trim, etc) but will send some meat off to be turned into summer sausage, hunter sticks, and smoked sausage. Gonna give it a shot this season and make some ragin blaze boudin

Ill either use Kubys in Dallas or Ye Ol Butcher shop in downtown plano.

Ye Ole Butcher Shop is committed to working with the Texas Department
                of Parks and Wildlife during this hunting season.

All wild game must be accompanied with the animal head and proper wild game tag or a wildlife
                resouce document or a game warden with you - NO EXCEPTIONS. For detailed rules of processing,
                check the Texas Parks and Wildlife outdoor manual of Official Hunting and Fishing regulations.

Once notified that game is processed and ready for pick up, Ye Ole Butcher
                Shop asks that you pick up your order within 30 days.

Processing Fees:

Reg. Processing $60 per animal; $12.50 per quarter

Skinning $15.00 per deer, $20.00 per hog

Caping $20.00

Processing includes cutting, grinding, wrapping and freezing of one deer.

Elk, Moose and other large size animals: $175.00; or $35 per quarter

Other processing charges:

Boneless meat grinding only - $1.00 per pound

Sausage making (minimum 10 lbs. per variety)

$2.89 lbs- Hot links

$2.89 lbs- Smoked Sausage

$3.49 lbs- Smoked Sausage with jalepeno cheese

$2.99 lbs- Italian

$2.99 lbs- Bratwurst

$3.29 lbs- Summer Sausage

$3.49 lbs- Summer Sausage with jalepeno cheese

Boneless Pork $2.29 lb.

Beef Suet $1.00 lb.

50% Deposit required at drop.

Kubys

Skinning Fees

White Tail Deer (up to 59 lbs)
                $ 15.00
                White Tail Deer (60 lbs and over)
                $ 20.00
                Feral Pigs and Large Animals
                $ 20.00 min

Standard Processing Fees, Base Charges

Animals weighing up to 59 lbs
                $ 55.00
                Animals weighing 60 - 99 lbs
                $ 65.00
                Animals weighing 100 - 149 lbs
                $ 75.00
                Animals weighing over 150 lbs
                $ 0.90 /lb
                Quarters (Hinds and/or Shoulders)
                $ 10.00 each
                Back Straps
                $ 6.00 pair
                Quartered animals that exceed 39 pounds are subject to the whole animal prices above
                Hamburger or Chili grind from boneless meat
                $ 0.95 /lb
                Wild Game Smoking
                $ 2.00 /lb
                Minimum Price for any order
                $ 20.00 min

Sausages, Salami, Jerky, etc.

Bacon (1 lb)
                $ 4.25 /lb
                Bratwurst (5 lb Bag)
                $ 3.75 /lb
                Breakfast Sausage BULK (Mild or Hot) (1.5 lb Log)
                $ 2.75 /lb
                Breakfast Sausage LINKS (Mild or Hot) (5lb Bag)
                $ 5.50 /lb
                Chipotle / Monterrey Jack Smoked Links (5 lb Bag)
                $ 4.25 /lb
                Chorizo (1.5 lb Log)
                $ 2.95 /lb
                Fajita Smoked Links (5 lb Bag)
                $ 4.75 /lb
                Hunter Sticks (5 lb Bag)
                $ 5.50 /lb
                Italian Sausage Links (Mild or Hot) (5 lb Bag)
                $ 3.50 /lb
                Jalapeno / Cheddar Salami (1.5 lb log)
                $ 4.25 /lb
                Jalapeno / Cheddar Smoked Links (5 lb Bag)
                $ 4.00 /lb
                Jerky (1 lb)
                $ 17.50 /lb
                Traditional Salami (Summer Sausage) (1.5 lb Log)
                $ 3.75 /lb
                Traditional Smoked Links (Mild or Hot) (5 lb Bag)

Comment

The closest place to my new lease is Rust Processing between Cisco and Eastland. I've used them before but I bet it's been 15 years. Anybody know if they do a good job these days?

Comment

Mi Casa

Comment

I hear there is a really good place in old Katy, Mid something? Anyone know of the place I am thinking of?

Comment

I've used Whaley's Processing in the past and his prices are descent. CCR has gotten way too expensive and I don't always get all my meat back. Hit and miss with processors. I hear Muenster has some good processors...

Comment

B&K in Bronte. Standard fee was $100, got in back the next week. Good people there, Brian is a class act.

Comment

Griffith in Burnet basic is $130, and then it goes from there, but he is second to none!! Millers in llano is pretty darn good also.

Comment

Great thread. Been considering trying Bellville Meat Market or Millers in Llano. May actually try one this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X