anderson cnty 8 down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anderson cnty 8 down!

Now let me start by saying that this is my first white tail buck and I hunt 700 acres in anderson cnty. I have been hunting this place for two yrs and until this year haven't seen any shooter bucks. I set up a hanging bucket feeder 2 days before season on a n area not hunted in yrs. I checked my tc yesterday am and had three nice bucks after dark.
    I set up at 430 yesterday afternoon. Wind blowing in my face and hot. At 520 this eight comes out of no where and stops behind a stump. I get drawn and am waiting for him to step out. After nearly a minute at full draw he takes two steps and I release. Can tell the hit is good but not a complete pass through. He turns and bolts to some thick cover. I replay the shot for 45 minutes until I can't take it no more. I get down and go to last spot I saw him. My arrow is there with only six inches of blood on shaft and no broadhead. I can't find much for blood due to high hit and no pass through. I start a slow walk and he is laying sixty five yrds from feeder and still thrashing. I back up slowly and sit and watch him expire while thanking the good lord for the opportunity to harvest my first wt buck. I can't post pics but can text them to anyone who can/will.

congrats bro.. well desrerved..

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

congrats, looking forward to the LDP's

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Excellent! Congrats on your first buck. That is a very cool experience.

Comment

Congrats to you sir feels good I am sure

Comment

Pm sent, I'll post them for you

Comment

Here's a few pics from backinthegame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Big Matt; 10-08-2011, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Very nice! Well done.

Comment

Great 8!!!!!!

Comment

good job, im supposed to head out to my place in anderson cnty today to hunt the evening and morning but so far it doesnt look like im gonna get to make it
                          im glad to see at least someone got a nice one out there this morning!

Comment

Awesome Buck!!!!! Anderson County is one of my favorite east Texas places to hunt.

Comment

Where at In Anderson city?

Comment

Working...
                              X