No announcement yet.

All that hunt Ft Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello everyone i am SFC Contreras an active duty soldier about to be stationed in fort hood in october...dont have the slightest clue on how the hunting is....being a bowhunting fanatic i love to hunt pigs mostly and chase the occasional deer during the season....i have been to the website and see the information it contains.....just wanted some insite on how the hunting is for both hogs and deer.....

Comment

Hogs tend to be harder to pattern than deer, but don't spook as easily once you get close to them. I'm sure there are concentrations of both you just have to get out and scout.

Comment

Originally posted by mayhemsr View Post
        hello everyone i am SFC Contreras an active duty soldier about to be stationed in fort hood in october...dont have the slightest clue on how the hunting is....being a bowhunting fanatic i love to hunt pigs mostly and chase the occasional deer during the season....i have been to the website and see the information it contains.....just wanted some insite on how the hunting is for both hogs and deer.....

Just check out the pictures on the web site.Welcome to the neighborhood.

DJ

Comment

The Ft Hood Bowhunters Club will be having their first meeting after the council meeting.ALL bowhunters invited.

DJ

Comment

DJM see ya there!

Comment

fort hood bowhunters club ...how do i become a member?

Comment

Originally posted by mayhemsr View Post
                fort hood bowhunters club ...how do i become a member?
                This is a brand new club.This will be the first meeting.I'll pm you details after the meeting.There is a link to it on www.forthoodhunting.com

DJ

Comment

Good luck guys...Hope you can get the changes you are looking for. Remember, you can do great things in numbers! The more bowhunters you can get involved, the more they will listen. The post Commander pretty much has final say but I bet you can make positive impression. A bowhunting only area would be a great idea.

Again, good luck and tell us how the meeting goes.

Comment

ttt, meeting is tomorrow

Comment

TTT meeting is tonight.Hope to see some of you there.

DJ

Comment

My friend from temple should be there, hopefully yall have a good turnout.

Comment

Not a very good turn out(big surprise).The council did agree to look into opening areas up to bowhunting that had not been previously open for hunting.

DJ

Comment

"look into" which mean they will never get to it. Was anything accomplished by this meeting? is anything about the hunting program changing?

Comment

Coyote hunting is now allowed on post.Most changes were to youth hunting/fishing.More opportunities and reduced permit prices.So far every item that was bought up before the councils last meeting had some sort of action.I don't expect changes overnight.But if they add just one archery only area then that's positive change to me.

DJ

Comment

Working...
                              X