North or South

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North or South

I have been reading a lot on Texas Parks and Wildlife website about bag limits and hunting areas but I am a little confused. The north and south texas boarder (especially for ducks) runs right thru Houston down thru San Antonio. Almost like I-10 is the boarder. I live in Crosby which is North East of Houston, does that put me in north or south zone?

I also wanted to ask if anyone knew how close any public land was near Houston. There are a sparse number of leases but being a poor boy it's hard to do that. Public land may be the way to go. I am planning on going duck hunting with a shotgun in the marshes and places like that, which I know of places near by.... but it would be REAL tough and I dunno if even legal to shoot a duck with a bow lol. Please help me out. Thanks

Sam Houston National Forest just North of Houston

Comment

Sam houston and you might want to also check out Lake Sommerville.

Comment

[QUOTE=Allan315;667727]I have been reading a lot on Texas Parks and Wildlife website about bag limits and hunting areas but I am a little confused. The north and south texas boarder (especially for ducks) runs right thru Houston down thru San Antonio. Almost like I-10 is the boarder. I live in Crosby which is North East of Houston, does that put me in north or south zone? .........../QUOTE]

You are correct. The north/south/west/east dove, duck, goose, and sandhill crane zones, are devided and the road ways are used as indicators. Roadways and their corridores are also used as deviders for other game as well pending county and species hunted.

Comment

ahh so I10 is border... i gotya

Comment

and axisbuck... is lake summerville public? cuz i know of people with leases there.. but i didnt know of it being public at all.

Comment

I-10 IS the border!

Comment

yes sommerville is public land wma managed both by tpwd and army corps. i have a friend who duck hunts there and does pretty good. If you are interested i can get you info on some good spots. email me if you are interested raj.bairamadgi@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                X