• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best 'screen' to plant?

Egyptian wheat
    Sorghum Sudan
    ???

I planted Plot Screen once from Frigid Forage. It grew pretty fast and worked well until the wind in a thunderstorm hit it, then the hogs decided the seed heads were tasty. It did allow me to drive my pickup down my road right beside the food plot and the deer wouldn’t run........while it was standing up. The main ingredient was Egyptian Wheat but there were a couple other seeds in it too.

Comment

I used a mix from turner seed that was a couple varieties of switch grass, I honestly don’t know if it even germinated. We have had ample moisture also so not sure what to think.

Comment

Johnson grass and bamboo would work but might be hard to control once established

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Years ago my Dad used Bridle Wreaths. Worked pretty good.

Comment

I planted egyptian wheat back in late April around my main plot. I haven't been up there to check on it since I planted, but I would assume it is about 4' tall at this point or taller. You can plant switch grass as well, but it takes longer to germinate and get tall. EW you'll have to plant every year vs. switch grass that you would plant once.

Comment

Working...
            X