Duck, it’s good!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck, it’s good!!!

Wow, tried my hand at some duck meat, family and I loved it!!! Mallards, is the ones I used. Cleaned and then soaked in milk for a couple days. I then rinsed and cleaned them, sliced up to nugget size then marinaded for a hour. The marinade was just thrown together, slash of everything that follows. A1, bbq sauce, siracha, soy, teriyaki and worcestershire sauce. Worcestershire sauce was the base, then a splash of everything. After a hour of soaking, I stuffed with jalapeño, pepper jack cheese and wrapped in bacon!!! Five minutes a side on the hot side of the grill then power offed two burners, with two burners still going I let them bake for 20 minutes. We devoured them!!

Sounds good.

Comment

I like them in a gumbo also !

Comment

With that preparation anything would taste good. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
          I like them in a gumbo also !
          x2

yours sound good too.

Comment

brine the breasts with fat on em and sear them in hot skillet with garlic and butter finish with jalapeno jelly.

BAM! That ish is bangin'

Comment

Originally posted by saltwater View Post
              Wow, tried my hand at some duck meat, family and I loved it!!! Mallards, is the ones I used. Cleaned and then soaked in milk for a couple days. I then rinsed and cleaned them, sliced up to nugget size then marinaded for a hour. The marinade was just thrown together, slash of everything that follows. A1, bbq sauce, siracha, soy, teriyaki and worcestershire sauce. Worcestershire sauce was the base, then a splash of everything. After a hour of soaking, I stuffed with jalapeño, pepper jack cheese and wrapped in bacon!!! Five minutes a side on the hot side of the grill then power offed two burners, with two burners still going I let them bake for 20 minutes. We devoured them!!
              LOL. So what you're saying is...you did everything in your power NOT to taste duck.

Try a recipe under this link: https://honest-food.net/wild-game/duck-goose-recipes/

Any one of those will tell you what duck actually tastes likes.

Comment

Yes!!! Pretty much, after hearing so much from duck hunters that don’t eat them. !!! I don’t like to waste food, rather eat it, but I use this same recipe for some steaks and other stuff too, so not just used to make duck like something else. Lol!!! This was so good why would I try something else to make sure I know what duck taste like?

QUOTE=sir shovelhands;13928673]LOL. So what you're saying is...you did everything in your power NOT to taste duck.

Try a recipe under this link: https://honest-food.net/wild-game/duck-goose-recipes/

Any one of those will tell you what duck actually tastes likes.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by saltwater View Post
                  Yes!!! Pretty much, after hearing so much from duck hunters that don’t eat them. !!! I don’t like to waste food, rather eat it, but I use this same recipe for some steaks and other stuff too, so not just used to make duck like something else. Lol!!! This was so good why would I try something else to make sure I know what duck taste like?

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                  LOL. So what you're saying is...you did everything in your power NOT to taste duck.

Any one of those will tell you what duck actually tastes likes.
                  While some don't have a taste for duck regardless of preparation, many (myself included) think it some of the tastiest fowl there is. I'd take it over chicken or turkey any day. I only recommend you give it a chance, but you're free to do as you like. What have you got to lose?

Comment

Sounds like you covered the duck flavor with anything and everything possible.

Seriously, the best way to cook a duck breast only needs 2 ingredients. Salt and butter. Salt the breast pieces and let them come to room temp. Melt butter in a hot cast iron skillet and sear each side so that they are no more than medium rare.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post

Seriously, the best way to cook a duck breast only needs 2 ingredients. Salt and butter. Salt the breast pieces and let them come to room temp. Melt butter in a hot cast iron skillet and sear each side so that they are no more than medium rare.
                      yep, anything more than med. rare is going to bring out the nasty taste from it.

Comment

Fried wood duck is on of my favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post

Yepper - I will let them bleed out in fresh water for 24-48 hours, then salt, pepper and garlic. Get the Weber kettle up to 600 degrees, one minute on each side, BOOM a tiny medium rare steak. I Love Duck!

Comment

Yep they are good! I can't hardly get them into anything else because my kids like to make fresh battered duck nuggets for breakfast as soon as i clean them, or thrown in the skillet wrapped in bacon.

Comment

Oh, and keep the duck hearts. They make a good appetizer. And check the livers to see if they're good to eat.

Comment

Working...
                              X