First Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Point

I know Mike & Nancy are allowing doe harvest for the first time this year, but does anyone have any idea exactly how they are going to do it? Are they limiting the number of does they take off of the ranch or does every hunter have the right to harvest a mature doe when they book a hunt? Surely they will not let everyone shoot a doe. I was just wondering because I see they still have some openings and was thinking about calling about a hunt. I am not sure if I want to go if all of the does will be shot off and the bucks have nothing to chase. Thanks for any info you may have.

I don't think you have to worry about all the does getting shot up. When I was there back in early November, I saw more does than you can shake a stick at. The buck to doe ratio is really out of whack.

Comment

Originally posted by burleytx View Post
      I don't think you have to worry about all the does getting shot up. When I was there back in early November, I saw more does than you can shake a stick at. The buck to doe ratio is really out of whack.
      Between the number of does and the fact that many of the hunters are not there for meat at any price, even free. They will wait for the trophy deer that they paid for.

But I will stick a doe when I go... .just to help with the population.

Comment

Good deer management. Need to thin down the does

Comment

We will be there the Friday before it opens. I will hopefully get the 1st crack at a doe.

I know the moon will be out and it will be hot, but there will be bachelor groups of bucks running with the feeder crew does.

TY

Comment

It's on the website............

Harvest for the 2009-2010 hunting season:

1 - 3 1/2 year old or older buck per hunt

1 - doe (must have weaned her young) per hunt

1 - hog per day

1 - bearded turkey per hunt

1 - javelina with a $150 trophy fee paid in advance

Comment

Mike actually let us take a doe at the end of last season. He just wanted to make sure they had weaned their young. So what he told us is to look for a doe with dark hocks. If she had dark hocks then she was good to shoot.

Comment

Huntinfool is correct. My group was there at the end of the season and we took 3 does total. We too had to look for dark hocks.

Comment

Everbody get their paperwork in?? You got 4 days!! We got a group of 10 going Nov 27th through Dec 1st....6th year in a row and will continue to go...its a great place...Mike and Nancy are good people!!

Comment

Anyone know how much they charge for their hunts

Comment

Originally posted by JP Dorris View Post
                      Anyone know how much they charge for their hunts
                      It was $130 per day in October and $140 per day after that but I thought they were going up to $150 a day. I could be wrong.

It is a two day minimum hunt but you need at least three days and four or more is better. You need time to scout and watch the deer patterns to have a better chance of success.

Comment

yes it has gone up to $150 per day (and worth every penny)....I just sent Nancy $2700 for nine hunters on a four day hunt -deposits

Comment

Are they doing anymore hog and javy hunts? I noticed that it was not on their price list.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter View Post
                            Are they doing anymore hog and javy hunts? I noticed that it was not on their price list.
                            Nope

Comment

I had been on one of their hog hunts a couple of years ago and had a blast. I had planned on going this year. Thats a shame.

Comment

Working...
                              X