Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stopping and restarting DIY euro process?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stopping and restarting DIY euro process?

Can you stop and restart the boiling process when doing a DIY euro? I started the boiling process and am about 90% done but will run out of time/light before finishing it. Can I just shut off the burner and crank it back up again when I have time to finish it later on this week? I still need to boil a couple more hours before degreasing it. But it is pretty clean at this point.

Any help would be appreciated.

I would say yes just as long as you don't over boil.

Comment

Yes you can and it wont hurt a thing.

Comment

Sure you can. Drop it in a bucket of water in the mean time. This will continue the process as well.

Comment

Don't leave it in the pot that you're simmering it in. Put it in a bucket of clean water, dump the pot and use clean water when you start it up again.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
            Don't leave it in the pot that you're simmering it in. Put it in a bucket of clean water, dump the pot and use clean water when you start it up again.
            ^^^^^ this

Comment

Originally posted by billinkb View Post
              Sure you can. Drop it in a bucket of water in the mean time. This will continue the process as well.

x2..you will be starting the process called maceration. BUT....when you go to boil again, its going to be a process you will want to do outside....LOL.

Comment

Working...
              X