Hogs at Lavon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wes,

Ive been debating if I want to go duck hunting or bow hunting this weekend.. But if your up to meeting up somewhere and bring your lab Ive got decoys.. Trying to get the boat running and build a blind into it... I havent duck hunted before but my dad has all is life and he has always hunted caddo lake, says its the best but he hasnt been in many many years. Id really like to quail hunting too... Are you up for hunting quail?

Comment

Originally posted by txsuperdad23 View Post
      Wes,

Ive been debating if I want to go duck hunting or bow hunting this weekend.. But if your up to meeting up somewhere and bring your lab Ive got decoys.. Trying to get the boat running and build a blind into it... I havent duck hunted before but my dad has all is life and he has always hunted caddo lake, says its the best but he hasnt been in many many years. Id really like to quail hunting too... Are you up for hunting quail?
      yeah ive got a few dozen decoys too-i do know of a few great spots to go but have always needed a boat to get in there. unfortunaly i didnt have one. ive always wanted to quail hunt too but never been. my lab is usually great with ducks though- as far as quail she wont point but im sure shell go and get em lol never been to caddo lake. i wont be in the deer stand this weekend waiting to go tuesday for a week. feel free to call me if you wanna try to get on some ducks. 214-908-8481

Comment

Originally posted by txsuperdad23 View Post
        Hey Big Red did you ever call the shores or anybody else for that matter... That would be pretty fun and definitely different... Some night stalking on golf carts, talk about a change in pace lol.... Im new to bow hunting this year and bird hunting as well... I have deer hunted all my life but never with a bow or have I ever hunted birds... Its a nice change gives you alot more hunting time... I havent ever hunted hog on purpose but have killed with my rifle before... I picked up a bow a few weeks before 1st weekend and started practicing.. I was pretty good from the start but much better now... I need some practice with somthing other then a target though.. I didnt have any luck during bow season I hunted up at lake Tawakoni.... I havent heard many good things now that the season is said and done... Anyone of comments on Tawakoni... Also was wondering if anyone does any quail hunting... Im looking to go but want to find a hot spot... Ive been reading the forums for a long time and I just registered tonight and this is my first posting but every seems so friendly I was wondering if anyone was planning and quail hunt who as dogs... I dont have any but looking to get one maybe a pointer... Also if anyone as tips on what the best breed is for hunting dogs... Going to break in duck hunting as well....

Anybody else up for doing some golf course hunting if they still need some help...

Thanks in advance

Txsuperdad23
        Txsuperdad23,
        I'm new to archery also, have never hunted hogs, new to hunting in TX and need to meet people to hunt with. If you and/or anyone else is interested in hunting hogs and deer, let me know, maybe we could set something up.
        Thanks,
        AceHigh

Comment

Well general season started off bad for me. I have a friend who owns 16 acres near LBJ and has allowed me to hunt on his property. Well saturday morning at about 8am I hear what I first thought to be a chain saw and then another. Come to find out the property next door is a Motor cross track and by 8am there were 25 bikes rounding the course... I was in a pop up blind on top of a bank on a pond and my dad was in the top of a oak tree right next to the fence line where the track comes up too... He had two does that were bedded down next to the pond on the motor cross side get up and run towards him.. Every 30 yards they would stop and look back and made there way to the fence and came right up under neath him.. By the time he realized where they were he looked down to find both of them staring up at him. With 4 bounces they made there way across his field into the woods coming my way to the pond... Well they never made it to me.. Needless to say the bikers continued on all day till dark and come to find out they were practicing for races today which started at 8am. So we did not go back this morning... But yesterday afternoon I went and got back in my blind hoping that somthing might just decide to cross my pond being out of their normal pattern and the neihbor on the other side literially less then 500 feet behind my blind decided to start sighting in his gun. So after about 10 rounds of that i was furious and started sighting in mine on a couple of rocks on the side of the pond.. HE got the hint real quick and stopped.. Sorry to say my day even though eventfull was sadly dissapointing... By far the worst opening weekend I have had in my life. My friend apoligized for the bikers sine all the neighbors had already talked to them about having their races on opening weekend and the good thing is that place only runs twice a year but the bad part is the deer will be out of their normal pattern for 2 weeks. Come to find out the neighbor behind me wasnt sighting in his gun but trying to make a point to the bikers. Point taken dont hunt opening weekend on someelses land during motor cross finals and ****** off neighbors. I went fishing today had better luck then yesterday no fish but I caught a couple of stumps.. Lost 3 jigs and had to reset my pole 4 times for catfish... I should have stayed in bed this weekend...

Comment

Ace,

Where abouts do you live, and where abouts are you hunting... Im up for a camp out somewhere... Id like to get some quail hunting in at some point. I will probly start hog hunting either after close of deer or if I tag out. Depending which comes first. More then likely it will be the end of deer season. But we will see..

Comment

Sorry Superdad, I Haven't Checked This Thread In A While....i Never Called Them And Haven't Been Back Out Again....got Busy Hunting Other Places And With Family Stuff.....i Agree It Would Be Something Fun And Differant.......it Would Make A Great Pic To Have One Laying Up On The Green By The Flag

Comment

no doubt

Comment

txsuperdad23,
                  I'm in McKinney. I'm pretty much only interested in deer and hogs right now. I've never gone hog hunting and need to go with someone who has experience with it. As for the deer, I haven't hunted in Texas yet and am still looking for good spots. I am going to use public land and Corp. of Engineers land around the lakes north of here. If you or anyone else is interested, shoot me an e-mail.
                  Thanks,
                  AceHigh

Comment

Originally posted by BIG RED BOWHUNTER View Post
                    Sorry Superdad, I Haven't Checked This Thread In A While....i Never Called Them And Haven't Been Back Out Again....got Busy Hunting Other Places And With Family Stuff.....i Agree It Would Be Something Fun And Differant.......it Would Make A Great Pic To Have One Laying Up On The Green By The Flag
                    Big Red,

If you would'nt mind having a hog hunting newbe along for the hunt, I'd like to get in on it, too.

AceHigh

Comment

I'VE BEEN OUT SEVERAL TIMES RECENTLY AND HAVE SEEN NOTTA! NO SIGN, NO PIGS, NO NOTHING

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                        yeah ive got a few dozen decoys too-i do know of a few great spots to go but have always needed a boat to get in there. unfortunaly i didnt have one. ive always wanted to quail hunt too but never been. my lab is usually great with ducks though- as far as quail she wont point but im sure shell go and get em lol never been to caddo lake. i wont be in the deer stand this weekend waiting to go tuesday for a week. feel free to call me if you wanna try to get on some ducks. 214-908-8481

Could u tell me some of those spots and how to get there?
                        we got a little 19 foot aluminum boat thats perfetct!

Comment

what is the protocal on going to this local?

Comment

Working...
                          X