Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best dog for blood tracking deer and hogs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
    I was going to say Jagd....
    You did say it

I'm leaning towards another Jagd, but I can be talked out of it. I want the best dog I can get for blood tracking and baying

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      You did say it

I'm leaning towards another Jagd, but I can be talked out of it. I want the best dog I can get for blood tracking and baying
      IMO Jagd is the honey badger of the dog world. My uncle hunts with 3, and they are some of the best hunting, tracking, hard headed/determined/won't give up, killing dogs I have ever been around.

Comment

Just picked up couple Lacy’s couple weeks ago to give it a shot. If don’t work out, kids love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good looking Lacy's

Comment

Drathaar, best nose around very versatile dogs!

Comment

I have had both and if you want a dog that can stop a wounded animal a Lacy is a much better dog.
              My jagd was fearless but didn’t have the size or speed to stop a deer

Comment

My vote is Lacy or cur. We have a ridgeback pup that would be bad arse if we seriously worked him. Lease buddy has a Bavarian hound, name may be wrong but it’s close. Supposed to be one hell of a tracking dog but not sure if they have enough grit to stop and bay a wounded animal

Comment

Drive

Comment

In general hounds will always be the best at tracking.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                      I have had both and if you want a dog that can stop a wounded animal a Lacy is a much better dog.
                      GSD, Doberman or Rottie.

Euro working lines of course.

Comment

Just buy a jag and a lacy and problem solved ��

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                          IMO Jagd is the honey badger of the dog world. My uncle hunts with 3, and they are some of the best hunting, tracking, hard headed/determined/won't give up, killing dogs I have ever been around.
                          What's he hunt with them? Blood dogs?

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                            Thanks Marty. I'm glad you chimed in. I knew you had both. Pound for pound the Jagd is as fearless as they come. The downside is their size. All things equal as far as purely blood tracking would you pick the Jagd or the Lacy?

Comment

Bavarian Mountain Hound

Comment

I had a Plott hound that was good on deer, he stayed on the track he was put on and we recovered a lot of deer with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X