Anti slip paint or epoxy questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti slip paint or epoxy questions

The step coming out of my box truck is metal and can get slick with dust or rain. I have used safety tape for years and it never lasts very long. I thought about stripping the step and coating it with some sort of anti slip paint or epoxy. The step is used daily and has lots of foot traffic on it. Is there a certain way or brand that will adhere to the metal step? Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	step.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	25211081

Spray-on bedliner would probably work well.

Comment

KiwiGrip

Comment

There are also heavy duty rubber stair treads that would probably hold up better than the tape and be more slip resistant than a paint with anti-slip additive. But you would probably need to cut it to size, drill holes and attach it with bolts, nuts and fender washers near the corners of the step. I think it might look better and be easily replaceable when it does wear out.

Comment

Adhesive backed sandpaper. The stuff with the thicker backing. You won't slip.

Comment

Epoxy paint, throw some sand on while it’s still wet and then another coat of epoxy. That’s what they do here in the plant.

Comment

Can you bolt a piece of bar grating on there. That would also help with mud.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                Epoxy paint, throw some sand on while it’s still wet and then another coat of epoxy. That’s what they do here in the plant.
                Epoxy will hold up very well, mix the silica sand in the first coat.

Comment

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d clean it well, use a primer meant for plastic bumpers for adhesion (clear, stinks bad from chemicals but amazing stuff) and then a couple or 3 coats of Herculiner bed spray.

Alternately, have somebody weld some expanded steel on the top.

Try #1 first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Curious what business you're in?

Comment

This. Epoxy can be VERY slick when wet.

Comment

Wouldn't skateboard tape be tougher than the safety??

Comment

Throw some self tappers on it with the tall heads. Fixed

Comment

If I use the epoxy do I need to grind the step to get it rough and clean?

Comment

Working...
                              X