CPAP Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
    I advise everyone to try different masks. When you find the right mask you will wear it all night without tossing and turning. The one I use comes over the top of my head, and has small soft tubes that run down the side of my head, with a small silicon tube with a slit in it that fits under my nose. Allows me to be on my back or either side, though I sleep on my back since all the surgery. I will get the brand and model.

If you buy at cpap.com and buy insurance, you can return a mask if you don't like it.
    This sounds like the same one I use.

Comment

The thing with CPAP is finding the right provider that will work for you and not push their companies equipment on you. The mask must fit right, PERIOD! The mask must be comfortable to wear, PERIOD! If these two items are not right you will never be happy with the CPAP. Most companies that sell the mask have no one working for them that wears the mask. I had found a sleep doctor, (now retired) that wore a CPAP and he helped me more than anyone. The companies you go to get the equipment, (mask, tubing, CPAP machine) don't know about wearing the CPAP so they don't know what you really need. Keep looking or network folks on hear that are CPAP users to get good info...

Comment

Get the CPAP! I needed one cause my wife couldn't sleep with my snoring and apnea. She once counted how long between gasps I took and counted 10 seconds between...she had to shake me awake cause she freaked out! Now I don't go anywhere over night without it! She lost an uncle to sleep apnea after he had a heart attack while on a fishing trip with a couple of his sons. Very sad to think that a CPAP might have saved his life.

Comment

Working...
        X