Nighttime Thieves!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nighttime Thieves!

Well, the POS thieves did not get us but two of our neighbors got hit exactly at 330am this morning!

Why, heard a "vehicle" at 330am, looked at the clock and got up to look. Saw the headlights, moving with a loud muffler then it drove out of sight, no noise. Thought about calling the SO but didn't, turns out it would have been too late.

Not more than 2-3 minutes after I saw the lights, then no sound, heard the vehicle take off again out of sight down the street.

We have a small subdivision near the lake with a LOT of trees and landscaping so could not tell what type of vehicle. Both neighbors trucks were broke into and I could tell they checked out our flat bed trailer but did not try to get it.

I feel bad for our friends and didn't get a description. It only takes a few minutes for these thefts, but they will get a surprise if it happens again?

One way in and one way out plus several Veteran's, one ex-LEO and a LOT of PO'D folks!

"You just never know," 1st of this in many years according to SO for our street.

If it’s one way in and out, all residents pool their $ and gate the entrance. I’m convinced that if I didn’t have a gate I would have been hit years ago. A gate and alarm system sign prominently displayed will keep a bunch of them moving on down the road. After all, thieves are generally lazy bastages.

Comment

Can you hide a camera on the entrance? Also, on your trailer, I would lock it up, and maybe take a tire or two off. I would also put a camera on it, they will probably be back for it. I hate a thief!

Comment

thieves are on the same level of disgusting as roaches. all need to be sprayed and stomped.

Comment

**** that sucks....yeah, motion lights and cam...bust these b*stards!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            A gate and alarm system sign prominently displayed will keep a bunch of them moving on down the road. After all, thieves are generally lazy bastages.
            Lazy and dumb. A gate has worked wonders for us.

Comment

I hate idiots who are to lazy to get a job and would rather steal from people

Comment

On your trailer, or anything else for that matter, get a small GPS tracking device. With the technology today, trackers are dirt cheap. Hide one on your equipment. Let them steal it. Then get on your phone and find it. What actions you choose to take/not take on your own after that is up to you......
                I have about $150K in equipment in my front yard/driveway. I can track it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                  On your trailer, or anything else for that matter, get a small GPS tracking device. With the technology today, trackers are dirt cheap. Hide one on your equipment. Let them steal it. Then get on your phone and find it. What actions you choose to take/not take on your own after that is up to you......
                  I have about $150K in equipment in my front yard/driveway. I can track it all.
                  Hey Trevor, can you tell me what tracking product you are using? I been looking, but the reviews keep me away.

Comment

If you think they were scoping out your trailer, then there is a good chance they will be back to get it.

Comment

We have motion sensors/lights all around our house and at the shop/garage next to our house. This is where the trailer is parked. Since I'm retired my wife and I have been notifying what neighbors are out today and to stay alert.

This really hit all of us as there have been NO problems as stated for years. Couple of us were joking a little while ago to watch for green, red lazers and duck! Seriously, never imagined the way our neighborhood is set up they would hit us, but hopefully it will be another long time before they try?

Oh, also checked into the gps and my only concern is battery life per several different models.

Comment

Hate a thief.

Comment

They got into my car for nothing more than loose change. Needs more chemical propellant and lead.

Comment

Hate to hear they got you neighbors. They'll b back to try and get ur trailer. Hope yall catch em and when you do, cut their **** hands off and leave em to bleed out. Hate a thief

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                              Can you hide a camera on the entrance? Also, on your trailer, I would lock it up, and maybe take a tire or two off. I would also put a camera on it, they will probably be back for it. I hate a thief!

Good luck catching them when they come back.

Comment

Working...
                              X