Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i create a family cemetery on my own property?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Dang Jeff, what you up to?!!

Originally posted by Pauly G View Post
    Guess he caught another family member in his deer stand, about to cull them out???? HAHAHAHA!

I've already got a place for poachers!

The cemetery where my family has been buried ain't getting any more land. It's a small place, and I'm contemplating starting my own for my future relatives. I sure don't like the idea of public access to it though.

Comment

You gotta ask yourself how many of the “public” is gonna want to visit dead folks that aren’t famous and are unknown to them.

Comment

So is there a loophole where if we are all cremated I don't have to have public access?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
          What Google says about it.

This is valuable info. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            So is there a loophole where if we are all cremated I don't have to have public access?
            No one will know if you don't tell.

Comment

Whats the plan if you sell the property?

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post

This lovely property comes with its very own cemetery. Perfect for entertaining friends at Halloween

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                  The public access/easement stays in place, the cemetery will be registered with the state. My bil just went through getting his established so him and his family can e buried on their property. Don't know exactly what kinda hoops he had to jump through this is just what I've picked up through conversations with him.

Comment

I know someone that buried their son on their property. The parents will be buried beside him.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      My land is in Hardin County.
                      There has got to be a cheap tract of land out that way, that already has decent public access. I would look at buying a separate tract versus encumbering what you have. Shoot maybe even start a TBH cemetery, got to be a few folks on here that would pay good money to spend all of eternity next to AC

Comment

What concerns me is in the original post he said he wanted to start a cemetery but no one had to die first. I am pretty sure it is very illegal to bury them alive.

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
                          What concerns me is in the original post he said he wanted to start a cemetery but no one had to die first. I am pretty sure it is very illegal to bury them alive.
                          He might have a hit list.

Comment

I have a family cemetery on my property that goes back before the Civil War. Been 4 burials of family members there in the last 20 year, before that was in the 20's. I've had a few genealogists contact me about wanting to visit for research and I simply asked what they needed and furnished them with that information.

Comment

What if you just do it and dont tell the Gov squat?

They gonna make you dig'em up if they find out?

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                                What if you just do it and dont tell the Gov squat?

They gonna make you dig'em up if they find out?

I don't want to know. Country will probably want to take the land designed as the cemetery

Comment

Working...
                                X