Monster Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROBINHOOD11 View Post
    I was going to say this! I have hunted lots of big deer in north texas and I think I probably overhunted all of them. I think the best advice I can give is don't hunt morning in the early season. As hard as that may be.
    same

awesome animal

Comment

Great buck, good luck this season and can't wait to see the LDP's.

Comment

Is that out by New Boston? I use to hunt out there when I was a kid. Some monsters up there, especially on the river.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
          Normally if the buck is at a corn pile early season he is there a lot during the night and usually just before daylight. There is always a real good chance of bumping the deer unknowingly on the way in. You can somewhat circumvent this with cellular cameras and slipping in if he is not there, but there is always the off chance he is in the woods nearby. Usually an early season afternoon hunt is best because access is very clean and you can slip out before he shows up or kill him if he makes the daylight mistake.

I think all of us have made the mistake of overhunting a big deer. Like mentioned above, hunt with the wind in your face and choose your shots. Unless your access is impeccable. I would invest in a covert or other cell cam with a solar panel and rechargeable batteries. A cellular camera will certainly help you be more effective and efficient with your scent in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Listen to this^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by ROBINHOOD11 View Post
            I was going to say this! I have hunted lots of big deer in north texas and I think I probably overhunted all of them. I think the best advice I can give is don't hunt morning in the early season. As hard as that may be.
            And this^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

just wow, and the body on that thing! Ain't a wonder the pics are only night ones, he lays low any other time.
              Hopefully you'll get a chance at him some late evening.

Comment

That’s a big’n. Hope you get to put your tag on him.

Comment

WOW is all i can get out. And i thought the buck im going for was pretty good. Makes mine look like a toy

Comment

what a deer. I have him at 211"

Comment

Very Nice

Comment

Holy Moly...That's a stud. I wouldn't be able to sleep thinking about that beast walking around on my place!

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                          Normally if the buck is at a corn pile early season he is there a lot during the night and usually just before daylight. There is always a real good chance of bumping the deer unknowingly on the way in. You can somewhat circumvent this with cellular cameras and slipping in if he is not there, but there is always the off chance he is in the woods nearby. Usually an early season afternoon hunt is best because access is very clean and you can slip out before he shows up or kill him if he makes the daylight mistake.

I think all of us have made the mistake of overhunting a big deer. Like mentioned above, hunt with the wind in your face and choose your shots. Unless your access is impeccable. I would invest in a covert or other cell cam with a solar panel and rechargeable batteries. A cellular camera will certainly help you be more effective and efficient with your scent in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Gold!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow that’s impressive.

Comment

Awesome Deer. Good Luck

Comment

I think my eyes nearly popped out of my head when I opened this! I wouldn't we able to sleep!

Comment

Working...
                                X