What to put the money on with DSLR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to put the money on with DSLR

Whats your opinion on deciding if you want to get a new camera body or a really good lens? Should you skimp a little on the body to get a much better lens or the other way around? I have some money to get a Zeiss lens that I think would be great but I could upgrade to a realy good camera body instead. But I don't think that would really be much better. I may just have to wait until I can afford both or go with a middle grade lens which would still be better than what I have.

The advice I always get is that lenses last a whole lot longer than the camera body. There will be a better camera body within a year, but a quality lens will be at the top for many many years. That said, it is personal preference and depends on what you have/need. I went with a low end body, and got basic glass because I needed the whole setup. FWIW, I have no complaints with quality (other than issues caused by me )

Comment

I don't know what you have today for a body but if it does everything you want it to do for the kind of photography you do, then definitely go for the high quality lens. The pro level lenses hold their value really well but as TexasBob said, the bodies change quickly.
      Also, your photos can only be as good as the lens in front of the body.

Comment

Better glass will improve your pictures more than a new body will.

Comment

Bodies come and go but good glass last.

Comment

Working...
          X