Backstrap Crockpot Recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backstrap Crockpot Recipes?

Anybody have an easy crockpot recipe for backstraps?

I guess you could use any recipe you come across for roast or whatever. All my backstraps get grilled or chicken fried. The tougher cuts of meat go in the crockpot.

Comment

Bad place for a backstrap!

Comment

Carne Guisada. Go to HEB buy the Fiesta seasoning bottle, follow directions and enjoy. Don't let me hear that you used cheap store bough flour tortillas. Go to a taco caba or a good mex restraunt and get a dozen made fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by gargetter View Post
          Bad place for a backstrap!
          x 2 .... I ain't wasting BS in the crockpot

roast in the crockpot is ideal

Comment

Backstrap stew is the ticket bud!

Comment

I have to agree with the other posts, the crock pot is a bad place for backstrap, I usually mix up some lemon juice, pepper, and season all, cut up a few onions, and peppers, wrap it all in aluminum foil and place it on the top burner of the grill,
              Now for the crock pot, I usually cook roasts in the crock pot, 2 cups of water, 1 packet of zetsy italian dressing and then some salt and pepper, put in the crock pot for 8-10 hours and then you have some awesome italian venison. pulls apart nice and easy, add pepperchinos and a bun and you are set

Comment

I have done Carne Guisada in the crockpot with soulder meat and the hind quaerters and it has came out pretty good. I would never throw backstrap in there. Most of my backstrap gets stuffed and grilled now.

Comment

Lets face it the ingredients in the carne guisada mix are probably very similiar to the ingredients that that you marinade the BS in. Venison has no marbling and requires special care. whether you slow cook in a crock pot it or soak it in italian dressing and put seasoning on it your basically doing the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                  X