No announcement yet.

Hog Trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i tried the figure six and wexford models and caught a few. just seem to catch more with the drop type gates. imo

Comment

i would like to build one of these, but my dad has a dog that is a free spirit and probably would not hesitate to go check out a bunch of trapped pigs if she heard them. and where i would put the trap she would hear them.

does anyone else have a dog problem like this? any solution? what will the hogs do when they see a dog?

thanks for helping a trapping dummy out...

Comment

sorry about the poor drawing and photo but, wanted to show you the trigger mechanism that i like the best.There are tons of em out there, but this one seems to eliminate the deer and coons from setting it off.

the trigger is a tire connected to the gate by a cable.It has stakes on the gate side that allow it only to move away from the gate. pigs will root and move it , deer, coons and other will not.

X, Dont think the dog will be much of a problem

Comment

Originally posted by hornet527 View Post

sorry about the poor drawing and photo but, wanted to show you the trigger mechanism that i like the best.There are tons of em out there, but this one seems to eliminate the deer and coons from setting it off.

the trigger is a tire connected to the gate by a cable.It has stakes on the gate side that allow it only to move away from the gate. pigs will root and move it , deer, coons and other will not.

X, Dont think the dog will be much of a problem

simple but effective idea... thanks

Comment

Built a trap last weekend,
            8 16' panels with a guillotine drop gate on the front and a figure 6 on the opposite side.
            Pig pipe in the middle and adding feeder to it soon

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
              Built a trap last weekend,
              8 16' panels with a guillotine drop gate on the front and a figure 6 on the opposite side.
              Pig pipe in the middle and adding feeder to it soon

Comment

I have an old trampoline frame that I am thinking about using. Are there any perks to using the frame as opposed to not? Just wondering before I load that thing up.

Comment

lost cajun- imo, there is no need for the frame if you are going to use panels. wiring them together and using t post will be plenty. if you are going to weld the panel to the frame, then it would be ok.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428731331.839984.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	24374722Here is a picture of one of my traps.8' wide guillotine gate 6-16' panels and a 4' loading gate.

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
                      How about a video instead?
                      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuxWGPK3Hwo"]Pig Pen Trap- Drop Gate - YouTube[/ame]
                      Last edited by Patton; 04-13-2015, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X