need a bowyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need a bowyer

I got my wires crossed up and Blackwidow shipped my New risor and refinished 74# limbs today. Rattler just finished the Copper head skins and I havn't shipped them yet. I need to find someone who can put them on as I have NO talent at this kind of stuff and I don't want to make a mess of it.

Buff, I'm sure there are bowyers in TX who can help you out, in the odd circumstance there is not, Willie in my archery club is a bowyer and I've seen him do rattlesnake on the limbs of bows he's made before. You'd have to ship it obviously. Probably you will find somebody in the same time zone.

Comment

Thanks Bill...

Comment

Hey, Buff, remember Danny here when y'all came for the Fudd Hunt? He skins his own. Goes by yleecoyote23. I'll let him know your request.

Comment

Kevin Breaux might be able to help you out as well.

Comment

KEVIN sent me a link to do it myself. it look pretty easy but wow I hate to stink up one of my bows

Comment

You can do it Buff, I am here by the phone! 2543940452

Comment

Howdy Buff, it ain't too hard to do and it would be pretty tough to mess anything up....it can always be redone if there is a problem....

Lots of ways to do it and lots of tutorials on the various trad sites (tradgang, leatherwall, etc)

I don't know what the instructions you have recommend, but I have had very good success using TiteBond 3 for the adhesive and Helmsman Spar Urethane for the finish.

Not an expert by any means but I have done a bunch of em, so feel free to holler if you need to!

Comment

Working...
                X