NFL falling apart !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LWC View Post
    J, I don't think I'll agree with you there. People have been people (sinners) since the beginning of time. I think it just gets reported more now with all of our different media sources. Two of the best baseball players of all time - Mantle and The Babe. Great, great, great, athletes and entertainers. But not someone you would want your kid to imitate (outside of baseball). We could go back and forth on who is a good guy and who is bad. Back in the day most reporters would not report scandalous stories about people's heroes. Oh how times have changed
    I agree. A caveat would be that they kept their sinning in private. Now a days not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      I agree. A caveat would be that they kept their sinning in private. Now a days not so much.
      That's not their fault ...

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
        The sinning or the reporting?

Comment

NFL is Falling Apart!

I changed my stance. Just looked at another story on CTE (brain damage from concussions) on HBO REAL SPORTS.
          YEP, the league will fall apart waaaaay faster from this medical issue than from lack of rabid fans!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            I changed my stance. Just looked at another story on CTE (brain damage from concussions) on HBO REAL SPORTS.

YEP, the league will fall apart waaaaay faster from this medical issue than from lack of rabid fans!!!!

Shame being that the players will sue the NFL into oblivion over TBI making their millions even greater meanwhile our troops are still gonna get the same but for peanuts. Theyll tell the troops they knew what they signed up for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shame being that the players will sue the NFL into oblivion over TBI making their millions even greater meanwhile our troops are still gonna get the same but for peanuts. Theyll tell the troops they knew what they signed up for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Private dollars pay for all athletes as it should, it is entertainment!
              .........our congress has decided our military should be treated horribly. I can't believe my parents survived with 3 kids while serving all over the globe for 20+ years......amazing!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                Private dollars pay for all athletes as it should, it is entertainment!

The NFL should pay for the stadiums too...NOT THE TAXPAYERS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                  The NFL should pay for the stadiums too...NOT THE TAXPAYERS!!
                  Absolutely. .......talk to your local politicians!!! Total BS!!!

Comment

I'm just hoping something will happen to keep this whole politicized national anthem that is tied to the LE / social injustice crap out of the game next season...it's becoming nauseating & the angle the eagles organization played this last week was really pathetic.

They had every opportunity to help bring the issue of concern with an open hand behind closed doors & yet chose a sucker punch approach?? I really don't get it & the mayor of said eagles / city of brotherly love comments were delusional & idiotic...I do think the head coach did a good job today trying to dilute & get back to the game in some sort of desperate damage control today.

Now we have both nba finalists already posturing for their turn & it's all so unnecessary / disappointing. WTH has happened to basic communication?? None of these millionaires are approaching / helping the cause they claim to support with any sort of class.

I normally don't deal with bogus polls, but everything I have seen is 70% of the people asked do not want politics in their sports & want the players to be patriotic & just play.

It's sort of rewarding to see 'half-r-dik' who started this whole mess sleeping in the nest he made.

Comment

Depends on his age. At one point most athletes, movie stars and all sorts of popular entertainers were good role models for kids. I think probably through the early 80s. Im not saying there weren't outliners but probably back in the 60s and 70s JJ Watt was the norm. Since the 90s....... JJ is the outliner.
                      True, but a lot of those guys probably had issues and vices that we just never knew about.

Editops, looks like someone brought that up also, didn't see that until after I posted.

Comment

$75 to sit in the nosebleed section, $8 for a beer, $3 for a hotdog, $15 for parking that's a mile away- you kidding me? Just so those so called "athletes" can whine cause they only make $3-$5 million a year to ride the bench? Gimme a break. The NFL sucks. Who came up with this salary schedule?

Comment

At a reasonable per team package rate, they could rival Netflix in users overnight with NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                            Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                            The sinning or the reporting?
                            Back in the day Sandy Koufax could pick up a couple hootoos for five dollars and take them to a seedy motel for a quick refresher before he made it home to his wife and kids.

Nobody would be none the wiser.

But today, the clerk that checked them in to the motel would have called TMZ on speed dial asking for their $50k tip for the Intel so when Sandy surfaced from the room he'd have paparazzi clicking cameras and his face all over the media by the next morning and he'd be "in counseling" by the end of the week.

We're simply in a different information era today.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                              Back in the day Sandy Koufax could pick up a couple hootoos for five dollars and take them to a seedy motel for a quick refresher before he made it home to his wife and kids.

Nobody would be none the wiser.

But today, the clerk that checked them in to the motel would have called TMZ on speed dial asking for their $50k tip for the Intel so when Sandy surfaced from the room he'd have paparazzi clicking cameras and his face all over the media by the next morning and he'd be "in counseling" by the end of the week.

We're simply in a different information era today.
                              I believe that is part of it but does not account for all of it. I don't believe back in the day there was an above the law mentality. Hell in the beginning these guys didn't make much money at all relative to what they do now and adjusted for inflation. A lot of the guys now have that mentality and flaunt their bad behavior. Its not that there wasn't bad behavior before; it was just better managed through self control. Bad things were done in private; not public.

Comment

This is from Malcom Butler meeting with the press.

I feel like he is blaming the system, not the people breaking the laws. And I am not exactly sure what he thinks the NFL or the NFL owners can do about this. Why not use his platform to reach out to troubled kids, their parents, schools, etc?

With that said, making these excuses for these troubled kids, is what I think gave us the Cruz kid in Florida. It is well documented that the kid was a troubled law breaker, and making excuses for him directly contributed to children's deaths in my opinion. Everybody wants to be a victim these days so they have excuses for why they act out.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X