Sunrise @ Key Allegro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunrise @ Key Allegro

I'm looking for yall's opinions on this one. I'm including the original also so yall can see what changes were made.

I intentionally 'overdid' this picture in the editing process b/c i wanted to try some of the artistic filters in Photoshop. My goal was to get the colors to really pop out before I added the affects. Well after I did it, i kinda liked the picture and just did some tweaking to the palms and did some noise reduction (the noise was terrible after that much color saturation).

What do yall think? Any critiques welcome!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sunrise Edit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	24765902

Name:	Sunrise.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	24765903

Neat

Comment

I like #2 best. What a beautiful shot. #1 is just a little too over saturated, I think. I usually like a lot of color saturation, but when you get to a point it becomes too much. Probably somewhere between the two saturation levels would be my true favorite - more than #2 but less than #1.

Comment

I can tell that #2 is overdone....but I am a fan of that. As Shane said, something in between the two would be my favorite.

Comment

The reflection in the water on #1 throwing me off, the saturation it a little too much.

Try running a gradient over the sky instead of saturating it.... that may look better.

Clint, send me the original and let me play

Great shot friend

Comment

Originally posted by Hillybgigem View Post
            Try running a gradient over the sky instead of saturating it.... that may look better.
            Ummmm..... Yeah..... I'll get right on that.....

Original coming your way!

Comment

Tutorial

Comment

Thanks Hillary!! Here's what I have now...

Used the Black to Transparent Gradient as described in the tutorial w/ a little custom tweaking. I also cropped just a tiny bit off the bottom... I'm pretty excited that I didn't have to adjust the saturation at all. (I'd still like to see your take on editing Hill)

How does this work for yall? I'm liking it MUCH better than the first edit attempt!

Name:	Sunrise Re-Edit.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	23893647

Comment

Thats great,I like that better

Comment

Ahhh yes. Much better Clint.
                    I'm still house sitting still. Maybe I can get around to it at work tomorrow

Comment

Do you have a ND filter to shoot with? If so, shoot through the ND and a polarized filter off a tri-pod.

Or, you can HDR that shot and get some cool saturation w/o the over cooked lumination and contrast

Comment

Only real critique I have is the horizon is not straight...other than that nice pic...

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
                          Do you have a ND filter to shoot with? If so, shoot through the ND and a polarized filter off a tri-pod.

Or, you can HDR that shot and get some cool saturation w/o the over cooked lumination and contrast
                          Negative... right now I don't have any filters This was a hurried shot as I was leaving town that morning and was taken using a sleeping bag on my front seat to steady me A tripod and filters are next on my list!!

Originally posted by HUNTNETIME View Post
                          Only real critique I have is the horizon is not straight...other than that nice pic...
                          I hadn't noticed that at all till you mentioned it... Just turn your computer screen a lil bit

Comment

Great pictures!

Comment

Beautiful pictures. Makes you want a vacation..

Comment

Working...
                              X