Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wide Eight Down in Grimes Co.!

Here's the story...

I have access to 120 acres in Grimes Co. I have hunted this place five years and not taken a deer. This year I was planning to stop hunting it, but decided to give it one more go, at least for a doe. I set up a new feeder and a game cam but did not see much at all in bow season on the camera.

I checked the feeder on Novebmer 9th and the battery had been dead for over a week. No deer on the camera for at least a week. I put a new battery in and waited two weeks. On Thanksgiving day I hunted my stand for the first time and saw a nice eight point but could not get a shot off.

After checking my camera I realized that he had been coming since November 11th and was making frequent stops. I hunted him hard for the next two weeks with only one other sighting and no shot opportunities. So yesterday I decided I would go for an all day hunt since I had seen him in the camera three times in the middle of the day. I got in my popup at 6:05 in 32 degree weather. Feeder went off at 6:45 and saw two doe and two yearling by 8:45 that did not even come into the feeder. Then the wait began. for two and half more hours nothing moved. Then at 11:25 he came straight in 16 yards in front of me. I gave him all of ten seconds before I put a G5 Montec through his heart with my new Hoyt Turbohawk. He never knew what hit him. He ran thirty yards into the woods, stopped, stumbled around, and went down in sight. What an awesome experience of scouting and hunting! This is the first deer I have taken that I actually scouted out and patterned. Not my biggest, but probably the most meaningful deer I have taken.
    Attached Files

Congratulations brother, great shot placement and buck!!!!

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Congrats, all the hard work paid off

Comment

Great job, congrats on the nice buck!

Comment

Very nice! Congrats!

Comment

congrats

Comment

very nice sir!