First Axis Down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Axis Down!

Not a giant but from what I hear will taste very good on the table My dad and I are hunting on a small place we own in Del Rio this weekend. He came in around 7:20am this morning and presented me a slightly quartering away shot, the shot looked good well I should say the shot looked good at the time (realize now that the vitals are alot further forward than a whitetail) he ran out in front of us about 20yds and stopped began doing the famous wobble and layed down. My dad and I got out of the ground blind at 9am and walked over to where we saw him lay down only to find him still alive, he jumped up and ran off, we found good blood leading up to and where he had layed down. So we backed out and gave him until noon, we went back to where we saw him last and found him not 20 yds from there. This guy must have got off one of the big ranches around the area, I had checked my game camera last month when we were down and had two that had come in the week before and then that weekend this same one showed up but never would present me with a good shot. I hadnt seen or got any more pictures of him since then so I really figured someone else had shot him but this morning much to my surprise he showed back up and was alot more generous with the shot presentation this go around!

Sweet

Comment

MMMMMMMM when is dinner brother?

Comment

Good eating there. Wouldn't think he's an escapee, they are expanding their range significantly. There is a very well established free roaming heard to be found basically from austin to Sonora (more in some pockets than others). I wouldn't be surprised if they outnumber WT in much of that range within the next 20 years, but they are such good eating, that may slow them down a bit.

Comment

Anything you do with that meat, sausage, pan sausage, steaks, jerky whatever.
          . You will love the taste. Good luck wanting to eat whitetail again after you taste that bad boy!

Comment

Nice axis, congrats

Comment

congrats

Comment

congrats on the meat!

Comment

Congrats on the A spike!

Comment

nice job on your first axis.

Comment

Boo-yah!!! Great arrow placement on a Axis!!!

Comment

great shot!

Comment

congrats and YES it will be good eating!!

Comment

Congrats on the harvest.

Comment

Working...
                            X