A Few Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Few Questions

Hope everyone still has access to their hunting spots this morning with all the water. I was wondering if I could get some answers on a few questions:

1) will deer avoid an area they normally frequent if the running water from recent rains is loud and makes it hard (as in an overflowing creek) to hear other noises?

2) will the rain we’ve had in North Texas be enough to “rot out” the acorns? Is that even really a thing or will deer continue to eat them until they are gone?

3) how much of a deterrent are flashlights and headlights before legal shooting time? If they see me from a distance will they avoid where I’m at for a substantial amount of time?

Any insight would be appreciated. I hunt public exclusively and have no interest in deer behavior on high fence or well managed private lands. Thanks and good luck!
    Last edited by TexasTrotline; 10-20-2018, 08:13 AM.

interesting questions, sorry I don't have any answers but tagged as I am particularly curious about 2)

Comment

Great questions. I would also be interested in#2. On the flashlights I always get a red magic marker and color all my lenses to include headlights on 4 wheeler to red. I've been told and feel it's correct that the red light messes with their depth perception and they get less freaked out. Definitely works when hunting pigs at night. Imo

Comment

Working...
      X