F150 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F150 Question

Okay guys... I’ve done my homework... I’ve looked through all the articles online but still unsure... I’m looking at an F150 for my next truck.

Going back and forth between the:
    XL with the STX package
    And the base XLT with the FX4 package

Requirements were
    V8 with 4x4

What do y’all know about the difference between these two packages? Is the FX4 with the skid plates etc worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fx4

Comment

FX4 hands down!

Comment

You looking new, used?

Comment

Yes for the skid plates. The first time you hit a pig out in the middle of no where it 'll pay for itself. How do I know...done it

Comment

Originally posted by Stickslinger92 View Post
            You looking new, used?

Looking at new. Main reason I’m asking is because I am liking the price and the ammenities of the STX package on the XL... but trying to decide if jumping to the XLT to get the FX4 is worth it

Comment

I spent a lot of time looking at new F150's here recently. The FX4 is slightly "better" shocks, skid plates, 17" aluminum wheels and most importantly, stickers! The STX has unique cloth bucket seats, the bigger radio screen, 20" wheels and a couple other little things as part of the package. If you look you may find one that is STX with FX4 or has skid plates. I found one that was STX, FX4 and sport all on one sticker, who knows what it actually looked like!
              Last edited by jdg13; 01-31-2018, 07:03 PM.

Comment

I have the XL with both the STX and FX4 packages.

The STX gets you color matching bumpers and grill like the sport package and a different black cloth buckets seats and console but still colum shift.

The FX4 gets you the skid plates and better shocks and cool sticker in the sides! lol

What cab are you looking at and what they going for? I was actually thinking of selling my 2017 supercab.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by justintyme8303; 01-31-2018, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                  I spent a lot of time looking at F150's here recently. The FX4 is slighlty "better" shocks, skid plates, 17" wheels and most importantly, stickers! The STX has unique bucket seats, the bigger radio screen, 20" wheels and a couple other little things if optioned by itself. If you look you may find one that is STX with FX4 or has skid plates. I found one that was STX, FX4 and sport all in one package, who knows what it actually looked like!

If I could find the STX with FX4 that would be amazing... I don’t need all the bells and whistles I just want the Offroad capabilities with my nice radio and bucket seats

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                    I have the XL with both the STX and FX4 packages.

The STX gets you color matching bumpers and grill like the sport package and a different black cloth seat.

The FX4 gets you the skid plates and better shocks and cool sticker in the sides! lol

What cab are you looking at and what they going for? I was actually thinking of selling my 2017 supercab.

Looking at the new 2018s
                    Super crew the full 4 doors.

I got quoted right around 36k for one before my downpayment and trade in. That was just for STX not FX4.

Why are getting rid of it if you don’t mind me asking?

Comment

Love the truck but trying to lower our DTI to buy land. We have 3 vehicles and my wife and I commute together. She wont sell her car and I dont want to sell my jeep its paid for so truck would be what we sell.

With both packages its pretty loaded for an XL and it also has the locking rear dif and base towing package.

Comment

To get bucket seats, you're pretty much guaranteed to have to get an STX from what I saw. I wanted an XL with no carpet and buckets/console for the storage. I didn't want 20"s. A different set of non STX buckets that are plain gray cloth can be had, but pretty much only if you order.

Comment

My XL has the skid plates and locking diff. Not sure if that’s common.
                          Last edited by 30-30; 01-31-2018, 08:04 PM.

Comment

The FX4 doesn’t add anything you can’t select without the package, besides the shocks which are junk anyways. Rear E locker, skid plates, and “Rancho” shocks. The Shocks are just Rancho authorized branded, and not actually Mfgd by Rancho. Search some of the Ford forums and you’ll see miles of complaints from premature failure, to horrible ride.

I do like the FX4 package myself and ordered my 17’ F-350 with it. It’s purely asthetic though in my mind. You can add the locker and skids though, and replace the shocks with actual Rancho shocks for less money.

Comment

Fx4 for me. The skid plate has saved me a time or two entering the place I hunt. Have to cross pretty rough area that gets washed out and 4x4 is a must at times.

Comment

Working...
                              X