Florida Beach Locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florida Beach Locations

Any Florida beach location recommendations? Looking for ones maybe not the the regular tourist trap type areas with huge crowds. Kid friendly. Trying to find a summer family trip.

Destin. I had a great time there with the family.

Comment

St. George Island, way laid back and not crowded

Comment

Navarre Beach

Comment

Public beach from St Augustine to Jacksonville. Drive down 1 and pick a spot. No crowds, no commercial.

Comment

Ft Walton. 1/2 crowd as destin and 5-10 min away. Same beach and you can go to destin for more non beach options

Comment

Watercolor/seaside

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                St. George Island, way laid back and not crowded
                This will be my next Florida beach destination. I have family who have been and they highly recommend it. Destin is way too crowded for me.

We went to Panama City a few years ago for my sons baseball tournament and spent our beach time at the St. Andrews State Park. There were very few people there and we loved it. My son and I fished off the jetty at the park while the girls paddle boarded.

Comment

Use to do Destin every Spring/Summer for years. Beautiful area with lots to do and great food; however, it comes with a cost. Tons of people, insane traffic at times, and more expensive than other smaller beach communities.

Gulf Shores/Orange Beach is 2 hrs West of Destin with many of the same family amenities ... food, restaurants, kids stuff, Putt Putt Golf, fishing, animal petting zoo, etc... It's been my experience the cost of vacationing in GS is probably 25% cheaper than Destin. If you're a TBH Baller and money is no object, then go do Destin. If the sugar white sands in Destin are rated as a 10, the beaches 80 miles East in GS are a solid 8.5 ~ 9 .

Keep doing research and make sure you go where "mama" wants to go

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                    Public beach from St Augustine to Jacksonville. Drive down 1 and pick a spot. No crowds, no commercial.
                    I grew up FL and this area is called Crescent Beach. You can actually drive on the beach if you have a 4X4. Crescent beach will not be that crowded. Just remember the Atlantic does not have the blue water like the Gulf and is not as calm. I lived about 25 minutes from Crescent beach. If you decide to go, let me know and I will help you out on places to see.

Comment

Anything East of Destin along 30A

Comment

We went to Gulf Shores last summer and plan on trying Destin area this year. We absolutely loved GS but want to check out Destin before we settle on what will be an annual trip.

Comment

Hate to give away our secret, but check out VRBO on Dauphin Island, Alabama. Not much there for activity except the beach and only a couple of restaurants, but beach is very nice. We rent a house for a week and chill. Kids can walk across the street to the beach while you watch from the porch (if kids are old enough to go on their own).

Comment

40a

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              navarre beach
                              x1000

Comment

Working...
                              X