Investments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Investments?

Aside from real estate and the stock market what would be some good investments. Something kinda hands off, maybe along the lines of a car wash, laundry mat..... I have a buddy that is looking for ideas.

Storage units

Comment

Originally posted by gmac View Post
      Storage units
      X2

Comment

Buy two acres put a security fence around it and cover the entire surface with road base. Then let people store boats and recreational vehicles on it...preferably close to a high class neighborhood where residents pick up dog crap with plastic bags..
        Last edited by 10132297; 04-26-2017, 04:23 PM. Reason: added information

Comment

Car washes and laundry mats are not 'hands off'

I know people in both businesses and It consumes them

Comment

I've been thinking about storage units. Unfortunately it's a super competitive market. Atleast around here it is

Comment

I would think real estate in Bryan, College Station would be good.

Comment

I've had very good luck with investing in local hometown banks. You won't hit a home run but they can be steady cash cows. As with any investment do your homework before you invest.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                  I've had very good luck with investing in local hometown banks. You won't hit a home run but they can be steady cash cows. As with any investment do your homework before you invest.
                  This can be very lucrative, but you have to do your due diligence on the particular bank.

Comment

Originally posted by txtradesman View Post

What eats up so much time?

Comment

Originally posted by txtradesman View Post

^
                      What he said, high maintenance!

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                        What eats up so much time?
                        People tearing your stuff up, mechanical breakdowns, etc.

Laundromat machines breaking down, people overloading them, hoses leaking, keeping it clean when people don't care and throw soap everywhere or using the wrong soap or to much in frontload washers etc.

Comment

back to square one........buy more land

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post

I guess my ignorance is showing. How do you invest in a bank?

Comment

Originally posted by WBT View Post
                              This can be very lucrative, but you have to do your due diligence on the particular bank.
                              Can you explain this? I've never heard of anyone buying a bank.

Comment

Working...
                              X