Silverthorne, CO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silverthorne, CO

Leaving next week for silverthorne and will be there for 3 days on a snowmobiling trip. The weather looks good, and my fiancé hasn't played in snow before. So to say she is excited is an understatement. Has anyone been in that area recently?

Stayed in Dillon from the 26th through the 31st. Lots of snow y'all should be in for a great trip!

Comment

I haven't but I'm jealous. Have a great time.

Comment

We just returned from Breckenridge on Thursday.

Comment

They have been getting pounded all week. It dumped on Colorado today. Be careful coming out of the pass.

Comment

I highly recommend the Mountain Lyon Cafe for breakfast...

Comment

Lot of the high country is under an avalanche warning because of the amount of snow we have got this last week. But they are doing avalanche mitigation and as long as we don't get more snow you should have epic conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                Lot of the high country is under an avalanche warning because of the amount of snow we have got this last week. But they are doing avalanche mitigation and as long as we don't get more snow you should have epic conditions.
                We will be going to the white river national park. This will be our 3rd time to go but first time in January. We used to go in march and last time there wasn't much fresh snow. With all the snow do you think it would be possible to go to the continental divide at 13,000 ft?

Comment

They are probably going to get another big storm late this week

Comment

Will be in the area soon. Got my Summit County season pass.

Comment

They are getting hammered with snow. Snowpack could be sketch with the wind loads. Wear beacons and carry shovels and probes man. Don't be stupid. Safety never takes a vacation when it comes to avi danger.

Comment

Check out Colorado DOT's interactive map. Has good cameras and road conditions. Be good to look at before you leave. West slope is getting hit right now.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                          Check out Colorado DOT's interactive map. Has good cameras and road conditions. Be good to look at before you leave. West slope is getting hit right now.
                          What's the avalanche report look like on the west slope for the most part?

Comment

Originally posted by raiderelkhunter View Post
                            What's the avalanche report look like on the west slope for the most part?

I have no idea, but I would assume that,they,are doing pretty heavy mitigation.
                            Monarch pass was closed today, snow so high you couldn't see road signs.

Comment

Headed to Breck next Thursday-Monday. Pretty excited!

Comment

Working...
                              X