bnsf track laborer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bnsf track laborer

I have been applying for 2 years for UP and bnsf and finally got an interview on the 13th of this month. Is there any track laborers on the green screen that can give me any details about the job. Starting pay, travel, interview tips? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I've got a good friend that has been a track laborer for UP for a year and a half now. It's good money but alot of traveling and working outside in all conditions. The only real negative I see about it is how you can get bumped from your work gang and can be off for weeks and weeks until you find a new gang. Good benefits and from what i've heard good retirement. I tried applying for a year then gave up and have dedided on a different career path now!

Comment

Bnsf is an awesome company to work for. Good luck!

Comment

I have been told you need to know the lyrics to "I've Been Working On The Railroad."

Good luck and if need be I happen to know a few people in upper mgmt at UP. I can make a call or two.

Comment

I have worked at BNSF for 17 yrs. Not in track dept but in Telecom.It has good benefits. You just have to stick with it. It is not just a job, but a career. There is a lot of room for advancement.

Comment

Cool deal. Thanks fellers, my two older brothers are conductors for up but I'm more into the mech. Part.

Comment

Bump

Comment

I'm with Union Pacific, if you want job security go into the mechanical dept. All the lay offs occur in transportation and track maintenance. Get your foot in the door and transfer departments. Not sure on pay in those dept's or BNSF but the mech dept and transportation is where the money is.

Comment

Those guys work hard but the pay is good and fantastic benefits. The possibility for advancement is almost unlimited.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

Any interview tips? What to look forward to?

Comment

Don't wear your overalls. Sit up straight. Confident but not cocky. Expect to get the job. Have some questions for them if they give you the opportunity to ask. Thank everyone and shake their hand firmly afterwards.

Research the job and track down some people that work in track labor so you can answer and ask intelligent questions.

Gimme a call.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                          Don't wear your overalls. Sit up straight. Confident but not cocky. Expect to get the job. Have some questions for them if they give you the opportunity to ask. Thank everyone and shake their hand firmly afterwards.

Research the job and track down some people that work in track labor so you can answer and ask intelligent questions.

Gimme a call.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

Gimme a call.
                            Yep, that was probably the last person you wanted to hear advice from, but it is wise advice Josh. You are a smart young man and come from good stock. You go into that interview all clean cut, look the interviewer square in the eye, answer the questions directly, to the point and honestly. You just be yourself and you are a shoe-in! I know you and I'd be honored to have you if I had a spot for you.

Oh yea, one last thing... get on your knees and thank the Lord for this opportunity and ask Him to do His will in this and in your life. You just follow Him and He will take care of the details.

Comment

Originally posted by chewjr View Post
                              Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Yep, that was probably the last person you wanted to hear advice from, but it is wise advice Josh. You are a smart young man and come from good stock. You go into that interview all clean cut, look the interviewer square in the eye, answer the questions directly, to the point and honestly. You just be yourself and you are a shoe-in! I know you and I'd be honored to have you if I had a spot for you.

Oh yea, one last thing... get on your knees and thank the Lord for this opportunity and ask Him to do His will in this and in your life. You just follow Him and He will take care of the details.
                              listen to these guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X