jeans at a funeral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    I think you understand me. I'm just worried if we do not show proper respect the younger guys will not even know what it is or how to do it.

I agree being respectful is the main thing. Lose the proper attire and wrong attitudes may follow.
    I hear what you're saying.

Comment

I wear them, the important thing is you being there.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        I've personally never worn jeans to a funeral.....but have nothing against them.....

That being said, that quote might make the top ten dumbest things I have read on TBH in my time here......

I can't recall thinking any less of folks who wore what they had at either of my grandparents funerals, Jaspros TBH funeral or any other funeral I have attended. Honestly I don't remember thinking about what anybody else was wearing (especially the dudes) because I'm not metrosexual. I was there to pay my respects with attendance and support the family of the deceased or my own family.

Spared me the typing. Gracias.

Comment

Ftr. If any of y'all come to my far, far future funeral....boots and jeans are prefered, just remove your hats and wipe your feet good before you enter.
          Last edited by Traildust; 11-12-2018, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Fashion show or funeral?

I would not care if you just got off work and covered head to toe in grease.

Comment

Just got back from my uncles in Oklahoma. No one had a suit on. My grandma made everyone take their hats off. I wore khakis, Wrangler Riattas with my boots. My normal daily office wear.

I can tell you one thing.....I do not want my body embalmed and looked very weird in a casket with a buncha people looking at me and crying and praying to baby jesus. Dear lord people.

Comment

Went to one a couple of weeks ago, half the people were in jeans. I was not but wasn't a big deal they were.

Comment

Originally posted by rdstrong3 View Post
                  What do you think the person that died would expect. That’s all that matters. Don’t worry about what everyone else thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  The person that died ain’t gonna know...

Comment

Nice jeans with a white long sleeve shirt should be fine. We buried my brother a few weeks ago and brother in law a couple of years ago and some of the pall bearers wore this. Main thing is show up and show your support for the grieving family.

Comment

My grandfather told me when I was growing up that every man should have:
                      A white or blue starched shirt in his closet at all times, a tie for a wedding and a tie for a funeral.
                      He should own a black or navy blazer, and should always have a pair of starched khakis and a pair of grey slacks in his closet. He said to always dress up, and never dress down for the occasions of weddings and funerals. I follow his advice. He was a wise man.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                        Just got back from my uncles in Oklahoma. No one had a suit on. My grandma made everyone take their hats off. I wore khakis, Wrangler Riattas with my boots. My normal daily office wear.
                        I can tell you one thing.....I do not want my body embalmed and looked very weird in a casket with a buncha people looking at me and crying and praying to baby jesus. Dear lord people.
                        Why did she make people remove hats? Yes, we all know the answer.
                        Point is every person/family has their own line of what respect is. If you go to a funeral and don't know the family then dress up. If they don't mind jeans then wear them if you want.

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                        Went to one a couple of weeks ago, half the people were in jeans. I was not but wasn't a big deal they were.
                        But you noticed so are you sure it didn't offend the family? If half were in jeans then it was probably a more country family but you see my point...I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          Why did she make people remove hats? Yes, we all know the answer.
                          Point is every person/family has their own line of what respect is. If you go to a funeral and don't know the family then dress up. If they don't mind jeans then wear them if you want.

But you noticed so are you sure it didn't offend the family? If half were in jeans then it was probably a more country family but you see my point...I hope.
                          Most of the people in jeans were family from Oklahoma. Seemed most of us from Texas were in slacks, but like I said no one was offended that I could tell.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

I aint never would have imagined a thread about what kind of britches to wear to a funeral would make 3 pages on TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by Young gun 12 View Post
                              I got married in golf pants and a Columbia shirt ha

Who was the lucky guy?

. JK

My brother got married on the beach. We all dressed like that too

Comment

Originally posted by cvanbrunt View Post
                                Usually it’s jeans and a sport coat for
                                Me. Sometimes a tie also.

Same for me but no tie. Texas formal for me is a nice sport coat, starched dress shirt, newer jeans, and your nicest boots

As others have said, attendance is the most important part.

Comment

Working...
                                X