No announcement yet.

Machinery mover in DFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't tell you about the VTL we moved with a forklift that slipped off and cracked the bottom of the cast iron housing.

Comment

couple questions

1-is there parking for a semi where it needs to be picked up and delivered?

2-can a piggyback(think forklift on steroids) get into the warehouse?

3-what area of dallas

Comment

Get some wood under it, a pallet or 4x4’s. A pallet jack and a flatbed tow truck would be the cheapest I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Drop deck trailer and some machinery skates and your good to go.

Comment

I have used "APlus Construction" for years. Ask for Les or Dean. They are out of Red Oak

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
              I won't tell you about the VTL we moved with a forklift that slipped off and cracked the bottom of the cast iron housing.
              This!! You are paying for the "insurance" more than the labor in my opinion. We have used DFW Erectors on the last couple of machines and have been pleased with the price and service. I did move my surface grinder that is about 1/2 that size with a forklift when I brought it in. That top-heavy son of a gun had me on pins and needles the whole time.

Comment

I’ve used a tow company in Cedar Hill for all kinds of heavy stuff that I couldn’t move myself. David has some real nice flat bad wreckers. Haven’t used him in about a year, so he may have special trailers. He was always very careful with the heavy stuff. Drove slow hauling it. Never had any problems. Even hired him to haul things I sold to others. If anyone wants his contact info just PM me.

He also hauls portable buildings. Have also hired another guy for hauling portable buildings. That’s pretty much all the latter guy hauls on a flatbed truck with bed roller.

Comment

We always use Crocker crane when we do chiller changeouts. They have a crew that specializes in equipment moving. If it weighs 500 or 50,000, they can get it done. May not be cheap.

Comment

We se DFW Movers.

Comment

Thanks guys... DFW Movers and Erectors was recommended to me by a friend and that is who wants $1200.

Im emailed the company to see if their forklift can lift the thing. I just need them to get it on a pallet.

Im looking at getting a toe jack and lifting it onto a purpose built pallet like my mill is on.

Comment

I used a skid steer to move all of my stuff and yes monster bridge port that is right in that weight range . Skid steer was rented with forks easy to work with tight turning will go on gravel etc . might take a trip or two with the loading part . trailer wise not a huge deal to rent one . Also another option to lift and move is a large roofing load all with boom . did that is the past as well .. I drove it 4 miles from where I rented it HA HA why not

Comment

We use DFW Movers also.

Comment

Machinery mover in DFW

Comment

Well guys I got it home. Went great. Y'all were right, definitely manageable doing it ourselves. $50 trailer rental and the harbor freight pallet jack worked great. Built a toe jack the other night which was great getting it up on 4x4s to get he pallet jack under it.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                                Well guys I got it home. Went great. Y'all were right, definitely manageable doing it ourselves. $50 trailer rental and the harbor freight pallet jack worked great. Built a toe jack the other night which was great getting it up on 4x4s to get he pallet jack under it.

What do you make? I thought my 6x18 (1700lbs) was a decent size surface grinder but that thing is massive.

Comment

Working...
                                X