2018 Select Baseball Fall Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishinguy View Post
    How much pop are you seeing out of the Demarini CF Zen?

We went with the Louisville Slugger Solo last season.

Not sure if I want to buy another USA bat at all. I would have to see a reasonable difference to buy another.

I am contemplating trying a wood bat this year though. The USA standard bats are horrible.

We tried the Ghost last year too but wayyy too much sting.
    It’s a USSSA CF Zen. And Chase likes it but the Cat 8 is a hotter bat.

For USA ball, he swings the Solo. I agree with you, no real reason to buy another USA bat.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
      Thanks, coach said he's leaning towards Brock to start the game. Makes me nervous but he's been pretty good so far so we will see if the butterflies get to him. He's not a kid that really gets nervous so I'm excited to see how it goes.

You will probably be more nervous than him, LOL. I know that's me, my son is pretty calm and I'll put on a good poker face but I get nervous for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post

For USA ball, he swings the Solo. I agree with you, no real reason to buy another USA bat.
        The only thing that makes me nervous about spending the coin on the Demarini is how often they end up on the banned list. They may have worked it out by now because I don't think the 2018 models were on the list but the 2017 models were.

My boys cousin has the Cat8 and he loves it as well.

Just looked again - the 2018 CF Zen 31" and 32" drop 10 models are banned.

Comment

The Cat 8 is a good USSSA bat.

I'm already dreading spring because I really dislike the USA bats. We are having one maybe two more tournaments then it is going to be back to working with the USA bats. Have you tried comparing wood options against the USA bats? Only negative will e that we are going to have to get a wood bat 1 possibly 2 inches shorter to keep a good swing speed.

Comment

Originally posted by jbarr View Post
            You will probably be more nervous than him, LOL. I know that's me, my son is pretty calm and I'll put on a good poker face but I get nervous for him.
            No doubt I will. He was pretty much only an outfielder on that team for 2 years so he may have a little to prove also. It's gonna be fun to see how he reacts.

Comment

Originally posted by fishinguy View Post
              The Cat 8 is a good USSSA bat.

I'm already dreading spring because I really dislike the USA bats. We are having one maybe two more tournaments then it is going to be back to working with the USA bats. Have you tried comparing wood options against the USA bats? Only negative will e that we are going to have to get a wood bat 1 possibly 2 inches shorter to keep a good swing speed.
              I have. I haven’t found a 30” drop 10 in 2 5/8”. Lots of woodies are 2 1/4”.

Comment

Good luck to everyone this weekend!

We will be slinging the football around. May get a tryout in. Then guest play on Sunday for a double header.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  No doubt I will. He was pretty much only an outfielder on that team for 2 years so he may have a little to prove also. It's gonna be fun to see how he reacts.
                  Cant wait to hear how he does!

Comment

I have. I haven’t found a 30” drop 10 in 2 5/8”. Lots of woodies are 2 1/4”.
                    It wouldn't bother me to put him on the 2 1/4" but the drop weight is killer even in the smaller diameter. We would have to go with a 28 or maybe a 29 giving up some swing speed. I haven't seen my son swing one either so it might be better in my mind than in reality. I just really hate seeing those well hit balls die in the air right at the short stop.

Comment

The 11s went 0-2 today, we continue to struggle at the plate, lost 6-2 on a grand slam and 2-1 in the game against our old team. Brock ended up catching and had his best game behind the plate. He drove in our only run but on a dinker fielders choice lol, he just can't square it up.

The 8s went 2-0.

We will probably have to split up tomorrow and I'll take Brock so if they lose early we will go jump in the deer stand for an afternoon hunt

Comment

The 11s, along with a bunch of other ages, got canceled due to the rain last night. Kind of bittersweet end to the fall.

The 8s only have 1 game today for the championship, that's what happens when only 3 teams sign up to play a tournament and the TD won't refund your money when you try to back out.

One of our old coaches made a point to come tell Brock how proud of him he was after the game yesterday, referring to his job behind the plate. Then later in the evening we got a text from our coach as well, I handed the phone to Brock and told him to read it out loud and he just smiled when he got to the end[emoji1][emoji1]

Good to see old teammates

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Rained out for last two games of Fall ball.. ... kinda makes ya miss the turf of the tourneys
                          Guess we'll hit the cages today

Comment

Great times, great memories, see lots of cities and spend lots of time with kids and folks you become friends with. Yea he’s your kids how to compete. How to win and loose. Every one of you guys sacrifice time, money, and other things and your kids see what it is to be a family leader. Not sure how or why any of you guys would let your kids do this or spend so much time with your family.

Start the pictures up next Spring I enjoy following

Comment

Kid threw at a PBR event yesterday and said he felt good about it. Threw an inning and said his FB sat upper 80s and Split was effective. That is it for us this Fall. Probably take 5-6 weeks off. I’m actually going to send his gloves in so there is no way to throw

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                                Kid threw at a PBR event yesterday and said he felt good about it. Threw an inning and said his FB sat upper 80s and Split was effective. That is it for us this Fall. Probably take 5-6 weeks off. I’m actually going to send his gloves in so there is no way to throw
                                Sounds like a good plan! Enjoy

Comment

Working...
                                X