Buddhism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
    We really wont SEE though. If you are of white European decent this is how your people were introduced to Christianity. If you are of hispanic decent this is how you became a Christian. If you are of African decent this is how your ancestors became Christian. My people were burnt, tortured and executed to accept this faith. FACT. No thanks. You believe what you want but try doing so without your god forcing me to my knees. Yall got a bad history of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you going to cite wikipedia as your source...good grief

Comment

Until the time I was 15 I was in church every time the doors were open. It never felt like home, I never heard "God" speak to me.
      Here I am 32 and iv came to the conclusion that that Bible is just a book wrote a looong time ago to control the minds of the masses. Think about it. It's a perfect scheme.

Now flame me..lol..

I don't make fun of Christianity, I work with people who "walk" with God everyday. I pray at football games. It's not for me.

Edit: a man shouldn't need a book or a meeting in a building to show him how to treat others.
      Last edited by twistedmidnite; 09-24-2018, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
        It's sad that you are so simple minded. I'll try to keep this at your level but you might be surprised to know that many if not most of the words in the english language are derived from other languages. Sometimes words are combined to make another word. You copied and pasted the definition to the english word agnostic but its origin is based in two other words. Ag, meaning without and nostic (pronounced no-shus) meaning knowledge. Even the definition you posted equates to not knowing, or without knowledge of. Hope I didnt confuse you too bad.
        More personal insults.

Ugh.

TBH Christians...…..this guy is not helping your cause.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
          Until the time I was 15 I was in church every time the doors were open. It never felt like home, I never heard "God" speak to me.
          Here I am 32 and iv came to the conclusion that that Bible is just a book wrote a looong time ago to control the minds of the masses. Think about it. It's a perfect scheme.

Now flame me..lol..

I don't make fun of Christianity, I work with people who "walk" with God everyday. I pray at football games. It's not for me.

Edit: a man shouldn't need a book or a meeting in a building to show him how to treat others.
          This guy gets it. No need to insult, belittle or slam others that do not share in your beliefs. Christians seem to do that every chance they are given.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            This guy gets it. No need to insult, belittle or slam others that do not share in your beliefs. Christians seem to do that every chance they are given.
            See post #59...we all do it.

Comment

We are all human. We all fall short of the glory of God. We don’t follow Christ because we are perfect. We follow Him because we are imperfect.

Comment

The horse **** is getting deep...….
                Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 09-24-2018, 07:07 PM.

Comment

I don't know what Buddhism is exactly but it kind of sounds like some hippy stuff. I don't have anything against it though. As long as you're not trying to cut my head off or blow me up for not following your choice of religion I'm cool with whatever makes you happy.

Comment

The horse **** is getting deep...….
                    Jeez dude

Comment

The Bible was was written roughly over a period of 2000 years by 40 different authors from 3 continents , who wrote in 3 different languages. Those facts alone make the BIBLE one of a kind. Plus fullfilled prophecy that has already passed ,scientific accuracy they are finding out now through technology. And archlogical finds that all depicts the truth of the Bible . I would keep an eye on ISREAL it is mention 2,317 times in bible and was foretold early in the Bible what that nation will become thousands of years ago . So I wouldn’t think that the Bible would be orchestrated by men with this much accuraty for thousands of years . If you read the Bible and put what you read to the history of the nations there would be know way you doubt the Bible authosity. Don’t let your heart be harden or he will not keep invited himself in.

Comment

Not sure what Buddhism exactly is, but from my perspective I believe in the Almighty, but I do not need to go worship any Sunday to express my faith in the Lord. I got burned heavily while a Senior in High School in the church I attended and that has stuck with me and will forever. My perspective is, a lot of so called worshipers are hippocrites. Sorry if this offends, but that is my belief as I have seen it too many times first hand!

Comment

Personal insults? You mean like the ones you pm'd me? Along with the threats? Gotta do it in secret huh? What a tough guy you are. NOT! lol

More personal insults.

Ugh.

TBH Christians...…..this guy is not helping your cause.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                            I do have a VERY good understanding. Read the Bible cover to cover several times over. I am also very passionate about it in a way. You've never met a child, that had a more troubled mind, when it came to God and religion. A kid that believed 1000% percent God was real. A kid who prayed, and talked to God everyday, but as I've stated in other threads, I never heard God talk back. I sat with countless preachers as a kid, had the whole church pray at the alter with me, and no saint their, was praying harder than me. On and on.
                            Used to have panic attacks as a kid, thinking about living forever. Mom would get us in the car, and we would go to the church to pray. Preacher could be spewing hellfire and brimstone and it wouldn't phase me. He could start talking about living in heaven forever, and I would get absolutely petrified, like put me in the hospital cuz my mind is about to break. This started around 8 yrs old. You'll never know, the ripping and tearing that took place in my mind, as a young adult, to break away from those beliefs. I was indoctrinated as much as any Taliban suicide bomber has ever been, it was a hard thing. I am not religious though, and I no longer believe any of it. I do love the discussion though. In some ways, I think I subconsciously still hope(for lack of a better word) it was different for me, but I never consciously think that. Too much knowledge has been acquired imo, to sway my belief now if that makes sense.
                            Sounds like you've had a really bad religious experience, religion can really get in between a person and God, happened to me for a while.

Comment

Mudslinger if you believe in the almighty why not believe in what he tells us to do and that is to gather in his house and sing praises to him and worship him in his house with other Christian and Christian fellowship .Thats what Jesus and the 12 prophets stared up 2000 years ago. And that’s why they all died in horrible deaths for the church’s. go to church and worship one on one with GOD and pray for the so called hippocrits because they just may need it.

Comment

Buddhism has been around I believe about 5k years regardless a long time. Got not problem with it. Like mentioned before, dont attempt to lop off my head and I'm fine with it. I do believe in christ but dont believe my time in church is any more valuable than my time with God outside the church. I 100% believe God ( Christian) created America by inspiring the right people to get it done. America is less then 300 years old and nations thousands of years old can't hold a candle to us. I believe that's because of the Christian faith so there must be something special about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X