No announcement yet.

Making a switch to a single pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely gonna look into some. Wonder if there is a bow shop around that would let you test shoot one.

Comment

After a lot of sight searching I picked up a spot Hogg fast Eddie double pin and used it for a few years. Still have it. It’s a single pin sight essentially with two fiber dots on it. With my specs, I could set the top pin at 25 and the bottom pin ended up being 40 yards. That made it easy to shoot out to 45 yards with some simple holdovers.

For woods hunting, it was killer. This year I’m hunting a more open area with longer shooting to be likely. I picked up an axcel accutouch 5 pin for was that situation. Unless I know I won’t be shooting far, I want more pins. If I know I’m shooting close, no need for the extra sight picture clutter. If I have to pick just one sight, it’s a 5 pin moveable.

D

Comment

Been shooting a single pin for a long time. I used an Archers Choice for a long time with no issues. About 5 years ago I went to a Black Gold after trying HHA and a couple more. The Black Gold Ascent outperformed all others. However if you are on a budget, dont forget the Archers Choice, they make a very good single pin/adjustable sight.

Comment

Accutouch with accu clicks. Love the thing

Comment

I have an HHA, only one I’ve used. I have a 0.19 pin and wish I had the 0.10 pin. Close shots the .19 is ok, 30 yards and out I think it’s way too big.
            That’s my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

HHA here. Love it

Comment

Are single pin sights easy to use in elk woods. I would think the disadvantage is having to recalibrate on a moving animal. Do you use some sort of system that requires holdover?

I am looking at these and see the value for hunting over a feeder.

Comment

I didn't care for the single pin at all. I've got a Montana Black Gold single pin. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
                    Are single pin sights easy to use in elk woods. I would think the disadvantage is having to recalibrate on a moving animal. Do you use some sort of system that requires holdover?

I am looking at these and see the value for hunting over a feeder.
                    Spot Hogg has a double pin single pin that I starting using just for that reason. the sight has a double pointer showing the yardage for each dot on the pin.
                    on my bow with that system, when the top pin is dialed into 20, the second dot is my hold over for 33 yds.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ar3731guy View Post
                      Spot Hogg has a double pin single pin that I starting using just for that reason. the sight has a double pointer showing the yardage for each dot on the pin.
                      on my bow with that system, when the top pin is dialed into 20, the second dot is my hold over for 33 yds.
                      Ok, I like this!

Comment

Hmmm ok then.
                        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                          Ok, I like this!
                          Yeah, I was all set yo buy a Black Gold 3 pin slider now this has me thinking!

Comment

Originally posted by ar3731guy View Post
                            Another fan. This is my setup. I like it.

Comment

So I think fate is telling me something. This week I ended up with an HHA optimizer lite single pin (0.10 I think). I didn't go looking for one but someone traded me straight up for a mathews cam (i think i got the better deal!).

I dont know where to start with this thing but going to try it out (will be replacing a G5 4 pin sight). Seems I can buy replacement tapes or just make my own? The pin is very bright even with no external light. Any help on setup is appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                                So I think fate is telling me something. This week I ended up with an HHA optimizer lite single pin (0.10 I think). I didn't go looking for one but someone traded me straight up for a mathews cam (i think i got the better deal!).

I dont know where to start with this thing but going to try it out (will be replacing a G5 4 pin sight). Seems I can buy replacement tapes or just make my own? The pin is very bright even with no external light. Any help on setup is appreciated!

You can buy sight tapes on Amazon. They come with instructions. Pretty easy set up. Sight in a 20 yards. Record the number in the set up tape (smaller number). Sight in at 60 and write down that number. Subtract the smaller number from the larger number. That will give you the sight tape number you need. Return the pin on the bar to the smaller number, line it up with the 20 yard mark and set the sight tape up. Put the clear plastic tape over it for protection

Comment

Working...
                                X