Hill Country 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
    We lease in Mason/Menard Counties. We are on the San Saba river off of 1311.

We have way too many deer, but no exotics. Hopefully we can assist with that soon.
    Bro we might be neighbors. I hunt the San Saba river on Blockhouse Rd. Are you on the west or east side of 1311?

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
      We are in Menard County on the San Saba river off 1311 also. We must be neighbors. Agreed that we have way too many deer. On our property, which is less than 400 acres, we shot 9 does last year and will shoot another 8 to 10 this year. Im trying to get the neighboring landowners on board because like you said, we have way too many deer.
      Whoa we might be neighbors with you too! Small world

Comment

Originally posted by RRagan83 View Post
        I got a new place one mile west of Junction pretty excited about the property we have seen lots of axis black buck hogs wt aoudad and some red stag so it should be a interesting season
        sounds awesome... $5000 per gun?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mason bowhunter View Post
          Went to ranch and sat in my box blind to see what was coming in to this set up. Used my phone to take a short video.

https://youtu.be/u_LYrNbFAEE
          Year round axis, I'd had my bow

Comment

Originally posted by bjsexpress View Post
            sounds awesome... $5000 per gun?

$3500 a family year round hunting

Comment

Originally posted by RRagan83 View Post
              $3500 a family year round hunting
              Nice.

Comment

We have a place in SW San Saba county. In the Sloan area.

Comment

Went out to the place this weekend. Set a bow box blind I built and trimmed a couple limbs for my ladder stand sets. Seems the bucks are moving now and have some decent bucks showing up. Only one that is real old, but the rest seem like 3 or so. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by AggieArcher View Post
                    Whoa we might be neighbors with you too! Small world
                    I just sent you a PM. It sounds like we are neighbors. You are the second person on this thread that I've found out we are neighbors. Look forward to meeting you.

Comment

I finally was able to pull cameras last week. It's going to be a great year!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Those are some great bucks. Hope you get one!

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                          Those are some great bucks. Hope you get one!
                          Thank ya! I'm expecting a lot of quality deer to hit the ground in central Texas this year.

Comment

Opening weekend of bow season is just around the corner gentlemen and ladies. Weather forecast calls for highs in the upper 70's to lower 80's and possible rain showers. Winds are supposed to be out of the northeast. Are y'all ready for that!!!!

I know the acorns are going to be an issue at this time of year but just maybe a few of those old smart bucks will get a sweet tooth for some corn and then we'll have something to brag about. 9 days and counting!!!

Comment

This is my first year on a lease. We're in between Burnet and Llano off 29. I'll be up there opening weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                                Opening weekend of bow season is just around the corner gentlemen and ladies. Weather forecast calls for highs in the upper 70's to lower 80's and possible rain showers. Winds are supposed to be out of the northeast. Are y'all ready for that!!!!

I know the acorns are going to be an issue at this time of year but just maybe a few of those old smart bucks will get a sweet tooth for some corn and then we'll have something to brag about. 9 days and counting!!!
                                I am finally all set for any wind this year. I have been burned in the past with weird early season winds. I have another ladder stand and pop-up that will be my mobile units for anything else that comes up as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X