No announcement yet.

Your best trad shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have to say my rattlesnake head shot.

Comment

My best shot was almost shooting the head off a turkey. Not completely severed, but was just barely hanging on. Got back to the camp and one of the compound guys told me what a good shot I must be to almost take the turkeys head off with a recurve. I didn't have the heart to tell him I was shooting at the body.

Comment

Wow nice shots fellas

Comment

Me and a couple guys out stumping with selfbows...trying to get through the bunny shield of a few cottontails...we came around some youpons and there was a cottontail in the middle of the lane,other guys took their shot and missed ...i stepped up and drew back and let go...right through both eyes at about 15yrds....they each looked at me and said "we knew that bunny was a goner by the look in your eye....lol
          Focus focus focus...i guess other people can see it ...even if the shooter cant....thought i was gonna miss the bunny too.

Comment

Originally posted by 4dog View Post
            Me and a couple guys out stumping with selfbows...trying to get through the bunny shield of a few cottontails...we came around some youpons and there was a cottontail in the middle of the lane,other guys took their shot and missed ...i stepped up and drew back and let go...right through both eyes at about 15yrds....they each looked at me and said "we knew that bunny was a goner by the look in your eye....lol
            Focus focus focus...i guess other people can see it ...even if the shooter cant....thought i was gonna miss the bunny too.
            I understand exactly what you mean I call it the higher level of Consciousness and it's right before you make the perfect shot

Comment

Originally posted by little john View Post
              I understand exactly what you mean I call it the higher level of Consciousness and it's right before you make the perfect shot
              I wish there was a way to "turn on" that higher level of consciousness at will. Maybe some can do it, but it comes and goes for me. Sometimes while drawing a feeling comes over you and you know that particular arrow is going exactly where you want it to go.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                I wish there was a way to "turn on" that higher level of consciousness at will. Maybe some can do it, but it comes and goes for me. Sometimes while drawing a feeling comes over you and you know that particular arrow is going exactly where you want it to go.
                Yep. I've been shooting blunts at tennis balls in the pasture the last few days. 5 to 30 yards. Sometimes I draw her back and just KNOW it's going to be a centerpunch.

And it is.

Now I just have to figure out what produces that feeling.

Joe

Comment

Yes sir

Comment

Originally posted by RoyseCity View Post
                    Yep. I've been shooting blunts at tennis balls in the pasture the last few days. 5 to 30 yards. Sometimes I draw her back and just KNOW it's going to be a centerpunch.

And it is.

Now I just have to figure out what produces that feeling.

Joe
                    Stars...they line up...but only ..when THEY want to...unfair.

Comment

Working...
                    X