School me in Stabalizers please Gents and Gals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School me in Stabalizers please Gents and Gals

What is the primary purpose of them? When you do and don't need them, longer vs shorter, heavier vs lighter etc.... I really appreciate all the info yall can give. From what I have read so far a 10" adjustable like a bstinger is the way to go. I am not highly versed in the stabilizer arts though.

ttt

Comment

It's a lot of personal preference. Each shooter uses them for different things, weight forward or back vibration dampening or steadiness for example. The length and weight will depend on you and your bow. I shoot a 8 inch stinger. A 10 inch was too long and a 6 inch was not enough weight to make my hold steadier.

Comment

Ok cool deal I appreciate it.

Comment

ttt

Comment

I shoot competition and hunting both. In hunting you just want something to take the vibration out as much as possible I dont find that the stabilizer has a ton of effect for hunting, unless it is very windy. Where they really come in is in competition. Shooting the same spot 30, 60, or 90 times is hard. When I have my long stab and side stab on it holds like a rock, helps the consistency. I find it hard to shoot without one at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
              I shoot competition and hunting both. In hunting you just want something to take the vibration out as much as possible I dont find that the stabilizer has a ton of effect for hunting, unless it is very windy. Where they really come in is in competition. Shooting the same spot 30, 60, or 90 times is hard. When I have my long stab and side stab on it holds like a rock, helps the consistency. I find it hard to shoot without one at this point.
              Ok so maybe one that is not so long with a weighted end would be an ok bet?? I will just be hunting no competitive shooting.

Comment

Yeah, I personally shoot a 10" Doinker multi rod for hunting, I've shot a bunch of stabilizers when I worked at the bow shop but that one seemed the best to me for hunting. Good weight, good vibration reduction, and it moves the weight to the very tip. Not the cheapest out there but thats what I would recommend.

Comment

Ok cool deal! Thanks

Comment

I'm doing the same thing...sperimintin' with stabilizers....10" BeeStinger Max Pro and an 8" side stabilizer...just waitin' on a piece to come in that'll let me mount that side stab on...probably gonna make my bow heavy but I tend to believe a heavier bow will be a stable bow...2015 Elite Synergy

Comment

Nice info. I am looking for something that will add weight on the end for stability and vibration dampening but isn't to long so it won't be catching on crap in tight corners when hunting in pop ups and stuff.

Comment

I have a real heavy bow, so I just stuck a 6 inch trophy ridge on my rig and it is dead still, I tried a 9inch and it the bow started leaning back to me, you just have to try different stabilizers out until you find the perfect one

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo View Post
                          I'm doing the same thing...sperimintin' with stabilizers....10" BeeStinger Max Pro and an 8" side stabilizer...just waitin' on a piece to come in that'll let me mount that side stab on...probably gonna make my bow heavy but I tend to believe a heavier bow will be a stable bow...2015 Elite Synergy
                          I bought the kit and only run the 10. the side stabilizer caused too much lean especially since i don't shoot with a quiver.

Great stab though I like it over the stokers I own.

Comment

good info

Comment

Working...
                            X