Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far would you drive to save a $100.00 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far would you drive to save a $100.00 ?

Just wondering how far, hours wise, some of you would drive to save $100.00?There's a member on here that has an item in the classifieds that I was looking at buying. He lives close to the Dallas area, I'm South East of Houston. So around 4 hrs. one way. I looked the item up on Amazon and for a new one it's right at $100.00 more than he has his posted.

$100 is two full tanks of gas for me. Considering the time it takes to do that, I’d spend the extra $100 online. Really only saves you about $20 by driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well after gas you saved about $25, and got a used item....

Comment

i wouldn't do it. Gas cost and you have to put a value on your time.

Comment

Interesting question. I can get 400 miles out $30 in my car so I guess that’s not a good tool to measure with. So I’d say no more than a 3 hr drive rnd trip

Comment

Not very far. Mileage wise or time wise.

Comment

I wouldn't drive. I would request for a TBH Express and happily give the member a nice tip that expressed for me. Of course under $100. Many members make the Dallas/Houston trip.

Comment

I wouldn't drive across Houston, much less all the way to Dallas and back.

Comment

50 miles 1 way

Comment

30 minutes away. More than that isn't worth the savings. Time is money too

Comment

TBH express?

Comment

About 15 miles

My time with my family is worth way more than that!

Comment

Not me... But will the seller ship?

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
                            Interesting question. I can get 400 miles out $30 in my car so I guess that’s not a good tool to measure with. So I’d say no more than a 3 hr drive rnd trip

What’s your time worth?
                            30 minutes one way tops and that depends on what I have going on.

Comment

Well, I'm driving to Centerville from Troup tomorrow to hand off an item for delivery in Katy. It's gonna take $30/$40 off my price, but Twister was kind enough to offer the express, and I'm dumb enough to drive that far ! But.......my wife and I will have breakfast somewhere, (she's just back from being gone to ND for two weeks), so there's that !

Comment

Working...
                              X