No announcement yet.

Can anyone beat USAA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I left USAA over their NFL stance and went to Germania. I had to use them on a claim when a rental car windshield was broken. No issues. I do have a son that will be driving soon so I may shop around.

Comment

I did not get good quotes from usaa on both home and auto so i switched to progressive or independent home insurances.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
        Find an independent agent that represents multiple companies. We switched from USAA 15 years ago. I shop every three years and I have never had USAA be competitive. YMMV

Same here. I moved everything away from them 2 years ago. They were not competitive at all.

Comment

My dad was with them as far back as I can remember. I started with them when I was 16. A couple of years after I got out of the Navy, my mom was killed in a car wreck. The help and care they gave my dad was unbelievable. My dad passed away in 2013...I think every person at USAA called me to send their condolences.

We have everything insured through them. Yes, they are pricey, but I am yet to see a reason to move away.

Comment

My hunting buddies mom in mesquite had allstate, somehow they felt hers was the only house on the street not hit by hail......that and how they treated my wife, who got hit by a kid who's family had allstate. Wife had back and neck surgeries from accident, took over 4 yrs and lots of battles for them to pay.

Comment

Every claim we have had with usaa has been a piece of cake, may pay more but why leave when they have taken care of us when needed

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                why leave when they have taken care of us when needed
                Because if you add up how much you overpaid all those years, you could've probably saved money just paying out of pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyChitwood View Post
                  We had been with USAA for years - and we had always been okay paying a premium for their service. But they have gone way too far on rates, so we finally switched to another company through an independent agent. Saved us $2500/yr.
                  In mentioning this, I noticed that USAA's rates have gone up considerably, but more so after they started offering credit products, investment services and became a bank. Maybe just a coincidence.

Comment

I have been with USAA for over 30 years, cannot beat their service or can do attitude. Many years I had money refunded.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                      I have been with USAA for over 30 years, cannot beat their service or can do attitude. Many years I had money refunded.
                      Same here. I have been happy with them.

Comment

Checked rates a couple years ago and Farmers easily matched USAA rates. Farmers also had 1% deductible on wind and hail for the same price as USAA at 2%. Service at USAA is good but they have high rates. Only issue we have had was after 2 water claims in 2 years. First was water heater leaked, no problem. Second pipe in foundation leaked and they said we weren't responsible home owners and threatened to cancel policy. That was after being with them for 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
                          In mentioning this, I noticed that USAA's rates have gone up considerably, but more so after they started offering credit products, investment services and became a bank. Maybe just a coincidence.
                          but every employee gets a %17 bonus in Feb along with an extra paycheck at christmas

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                            I know there have been a bunch of insurance threads but I didn’t see anyone switching away from USAA

Are there any companies out there that can beat USAA (home owners, 2 cars and VPP)? Looking to switch around the end of Aug so thought I’d start looking now. In Coppell if it makes a difference
                            If you are talking price, absolutely. I left 3 years ago.Was with them over 25years. They finally priced themselves out of my house. Even gave them a chance to earn back my business last year and they still where nowhere near competitive.
                            Last edited by captainsling; 07-25-2019, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                              Every claim we have had with usaa has been a piece of cake, may pay more but why leave when they have taken care of us when needed
                              Are you the one that was upset that Cabela’s wouldn’t replace your 5yo boots but you’re fine over paying for insurance?

They have treated us pretty well but in 20 years of being a member with them (started at 15 when I got my license) the first claim I had was shot water slab leak. They told me too bad. Luckily we had another pipe burst in the wall before we were able to repair the floors and thanks to that we had things covered.

They have been pretty good to work with but haven’t covered anything that other companies won’t. If I can save $1-200/mo that’s a significant amount of money

Comment

I will say Geico just beat Farm Bureau for us by $50 a month on just our auto insurance. Just something to look into.

Comment

Working...
                                X