Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring fishing & Camping

Hello GS,

Well Academy got me into camping again as I bought two tents during their clearance days sales so I might as well try to use them. I would like to take my dad and possibly my two sons out to some local lakes and fish from the banks as my boat is a little too large to take along and I have no experience on any of the local lakes to safely navigate.

I have fished Lake Somerville many moons ago with my dad and I think we camped at Rocky Park? In any case we could fish Somerville or anywhere else. Just looking for some ideas of where to go and some parks we can camp and fish from. Hoping to make trips from March - June.

White bass or Stripers are our target fish but we would be interested in anything else that would fry up and eat. If anyone likes to play guide and can get us on fish I would be happy to reciprocate by offer my bay home down in West Bay in kind.

Thanks
    Raleigh

Ttt

Comment

Might try lake Livingston state park in ths spring. Fish the bulkheads for catfish and white bass chasing the shad.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
        Might try lake Livingston state park in ths spring. Fish the bulkheads for catfish and white bass chasing the shad.
        This is exactly what I was gonna suggest. They have screened in shelters right on the water. Very nice camp sites. Also look up Wolf creek park on Lake Livingston. Its very nice also. The shad will be working the bulkheads mid April to early May and the catfishing is great.

Comment

Sweet, thanks for the info. I will put those on the list.

Anybody have any hill country suggestions?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
            Anybody have any hill country suggestions?

Thanks
            If the run is on,

Tejas Camp on Lake Georgetown, where the north San Gabriel comes in.

Colorado Bend state park on Buchanan.

Comment

Awesome thank you sir.

Comment

Might give oak thicket park a try on Fayette lake . Don’t think it’s a striper lake but it sure is a awesome bass lake and a beautiful place to camp !

Comment

Spring fishing & Camping

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                  Might give oak thicket park a try on Fayette lake . Don’t think it’s a striper lake but it sure is a awesome bass lake and a beautiful place to camp !

This park is a great park. Bank fishing was tough but we had kayaks and did ok. Still an awesome park

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks
                    Open to more suggestions.

Comment

Inks lake has always been a favorite camping place! Sommerville has several state parks with camping as well. Yegua, Nails, Birch Creek and a couple of others.
                      Also Lake Conroe has Stubblefield recreational area, as well as Cagle recreation area.

Comment

Working...
                      X