Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrating tire dealers

Ok frustration with my two tire dealers
    Both have set doubt about me buying a set of general grabber X3 mt saying that they are super loud and wear is horrible
    Both really want me in a set of BFGoodrich A/T k2 ( note I have 1 brand new one because of a manufacturer defect blowout ) so they priced me out for 3 new
    Discount tires has my records going back 20 years and say stick with what I know
    Both places want to sell me 3 BFGoodrich for same price as 4 grabber X3
    I really wanted to change the look of the truck to mud terrain
    But with both telling me how much of a mistake switching to M/T from A/T would be now I am confused about M/T being really horrible on a 1/2 ton working truck

This was posted on a similar thread
    But I can see why we have so many tire post as the dealers really really want to discourage people from ordering what they don’t have in stock

Ditch them both and buy some cooper SST pro. Best tire I’ve ever owned.

Comment

i have never had any issue with the BFG AT....ever

even with a golf ball size chunk taken out of the side wall by a broken curb, still drove it till the tread was way gone. great tire.

coopers are good (i've run those too) but they not as good as the BFG. they are however much cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
        Ditch them both and buy some cooper SST pro. Best tire I’ve ever owned.

Are they very loud the video is discouraging

Comment

Go with cooper stt pros they are great tires with little road noise as long as you keep them rotated

Comment

Mud tires are great off road and look super cool, however require more maintenance and yes they get loud. I ran two sets of mud tires on my pickup and after putting an all terrain tire on the truck I don’t think I’ll ever go back to a mud tire. If Noise is a concern for you a mud tire is not the tire to go with.

Comment

Love me some good mud tires
              Just be sure to get a tougher set load E 10 ply they wear better at a higher inflation and seem to have a stiffer longer lasting compound.
              Mine are not much louder than the bfg I used to run
              Now run duratracs and love the look and performance

Comment

It sounds like you want to try them out so just pull the trigger! If you hate them you’ll prolly need new ones after 20k miles anyway

Comment

Look at the hybrid tires. More of a real aggressive a/t tire. I am running nitto ridge grapplers and they perform great in mud and road noise is like a normal a/t. I have around 30,000 miles on this set and they still aren't even half worn. This is on a 3/4 ton also.

Comment

I like my muds on the current truck but the BFG AT are the best tire on the planet. Last set I had was in previous truck bought them USED and put 80k Mike's on them before selling the truck. I'll get another set one day. Had Xoopers on that truck prior to the BFG's, had about 30k on them when they got slippery and replaced them.

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
                      Mud tires are great off road and look super cool, however require more maintenance and yes they get loud. I ran two sets of mud tires on my pickup and after putting an all terrain tire on the truck I don’t think I’ll ever go back to a mud tire. If Noise is a concern for you a mud tire is not the tire to go with.
                      Yeah I am no longer in the rice fields and Webb county heavy rain terrain ( major mud) and probably should just follow discount tire computer records
                      Just hate doing the same things over and over ( verity is the spice of life)” my wife hates that saying “
                      Just hate to spend $1700 on some things to make me miserable , but love trying new
                      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 02-06-2019, 08:29 PM.

Comment

STT pros
                        Have them on my f250 since August and love them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What about the Yokohama mts?

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                            Yeah I am no longer in the rice fields and Webb county heavy rain terrain ( major mud) and probably should just follow discount tire computer records
                            Just hate doing the same things over and over ( verity is the spice of life)” my wife hates that saying “
                            Just hate to spend $1700 on some things to make me miserable , but love trying new
                            I went to a cooper st maxx, I love them. Truck is now at the deer lease, but I’m in outside sales and before I put her to pasture they rode great on the road. At the lease they handle rocks, mud, thorns and anything else I put them through. You can’t go wrong with the bfg, it’s a great tire. I got to test them out when the new tread design came out a few years ago in Utah, they were pretty sweet.

Comment

I would bet they are pushing for BFG because they are MAST (Michelin America’s Small Tire) dealers and they get a decent amount of money on the back end for meeting program numbers. BFG counts towards their program.
                              I would try the Falken AT3W. I attended a ride and drive for their tires and was pleasantly surprised. If you are going higher end look at the Nitto Ridge Grappler.

Comment

Working...
                              X