No announcement yet.

Do Wild Hogs Have Good Eyesight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Their vision is better than most people think. They smelled you way before they ever thought of seeing you. With the wind blowing to them I'm shocked you ever got the chance to see them. That snout work great!!!

Comment

Like has already been said, hogs nose is his best sense but they can see a whole lot better than they are given credit.
      I have had them come walking through the woods and me being perfectly still in a tree stand they instantly look right at me and bolt. Wind in my favor too.

Comment

dropped a full beer out of 14foot tripod on Saturday and it hit every piece of metal on the way down and I looked up and there was a hog 130 yards away and didnt mind it one bit

THEN BLASTED IT!!!!

Comment

It depends on the hog I think..in Georgia i used to be able to walk right up on them as long as the wind was in my face...here in Texas, seems like they have better eyesight. I was in a 15 ft ladder stand and had a group of piglets come out to the feeder, went to stand up to get ready to shoot and I look to my left and a big sow was staring straight at me and then took of growling!!!!!!!

Comment

Hogs see as well as dogs. as "Marks general rule" if you can see their eye. they can see you. That's about 270 degrees, they also spot movement easier than "you" even in blue jeans and brown t shirt. their abilty to roll threre eyes is fantastic a slight tilt of the head and they can see straight up in the air, if alerted to do so.

Hogs have a incredible sense of smell, they use them in England to smell truffels buried up to 2 feet in the ground. so chances are they smelled you long before they saw you.
            Remember a human stinks to them, and it's like you walking through the woods and all of a sudden smell a skunk, that is a alert to you. Well consider yourself a skunk to them. it's not all the time they smell skunks(you) so it's a alert thing.
            Hogs also know when something makes a bad noise (any loud noise) at a certain place they become wary beyond belief. Hense they turn nocturnal if something happens right at dark a few times at that place were corn just falls out of the sky.

Hogs have no agenda, they all day long to go nowhere at all.

I don't shoot at my hogs till one or more starts to leave the feeder, then as they leave i shoot the one I picked out, or he don't present me a shot and he walks till another time, unless just one hog walks in then, he she or it is history.

Hogs learn faster and are smarter than dogs. that's why they are fun to hunt.

Comment

Working...
            X